Exotic meats party... beer suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neunelfer

Reaction score
So I was thinking about ordering a bunch of random stuff from http://exoticmeats.com/ most likely the bison, alligator, wild boar, and maybe some of the other stuff. I would like to get a batch of brew started for my guests, what would you guys serve? Obviously hefeweizen with a lemon is out... :D

OOH I am so glad you posted that site. I love wild boar but no one sells it around here that I know of. I can get tons of lambs whole but most other stuff I cant get.

Wild boar and a good south english brown

Kobe Beef YUM!!!! Oatmeal stout or a Mild

An ordinary bitter? Hoppy enough to clear the palette, but not enough to distract from the various meat flavors. Either that or a light and crisp rye ale.

A firmly hopped red. Most pale ales. Ambers, Brown Ale. Even some stout. I wouldn't go too hoppy as to detract from the meat but definately something with some bitterness to cut through but also a malty backbone to compliment the food.

NO you have to pick the beer based on each meat. Like a stout will not go with kangaroo but will go niceely with buffalo.

Read the meat descriptions if you havent had any of this stuff before. I have had most everythign there except llama and yak and most of it is so much better then you would ever expect.

Well I guess I'll have to match the meat to the beers because I do not have the capability to brew 4-5 different batches. So maybe the most versatile beer.

Back