Busch's new beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't read the article but... my guess is this person just wants to make money doing something he is familiar with and by the sounds of it, he is accomplishing just that.

It's fairly popular in the StL area. Lots of people are salty about the AB / InBev deal and like the locally produced alternative. It's not bad schwill really. If it were a little cheaper, it would be in the running for "canned fizzy water for massive clubhouse consumption" without a doubt. Maybe the 30 pack will crack that market- most of the stuff I see is sixers of bottles, and we can get a sixer of locally produced Schlafly for about a buck more in most gas stations- their decent pale ale is sold just about everywhere.

Certainly doesn't rate an 80 in my book, but I guess when compared with other beers of the style, well, it's about as good as it gets.

jwitt said:
It's fairly popular in the StL area. Lots of people are salty about the AB / InBev deal and like the locally produced alternative. It's not bad schwill really. If it were a little cheaper, it would be in the running for "canned fizzy water for massive clubhouse consumption" without a doubt. Maybe the 30 pack will crack that market- most of the stuff I see is sixers of bottles, and we can get a sixer of locally produced Schlafly for about a buck more in most gas stations- their decent pale ale is sold just about everywhere.

Certainly doesn't rate an 80 in my book, but I guess when compared with other beers of the style, well, it's about as good as it gets.

Beeradvocate is the beer equivalent of political conventions. The more wacked and extreme, the better it rates. Also, the pedigree of the beer plays an overwhelming factor, skewing the results, no matter the underlying product.

I live in STL and I love the reaction people give me when I drop the bomb that isn't brewed in St. Louis but in Wisconsin.

My fathers friend spoke with one of the head brewers, he said they won't produce any beer in St. Louis till they have 3% of the St. Louis market.

Huh. Shows how much I know about Kraftig! Oh well, we're fortunate to have so many microbrews popping up in StL these days, in addition to the "huge" Schlafly operation! Plenty of local choices to be had.

I personally don't drink the beer(I'm not an American Lager fan). I do like that Billy Busch does all of the radio advertisements and has joined other local brewers to do group tv interviews and specials done by a few local stations.

Well, is this a standard American Light Lager, or is one of those retro beers like Schlitz (which I think is pretty good for a light beer)?

Latest posts

Back