Milwaukee tasting room experience.. what was served?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beergears

Reaction score
My dentist, a wine connaisseur, told me today that he once visited a BMC brewery in Milwaukee and the visit was rather bland and uninteresting (he only saw pics of the brewery!)

But... in the tasting room, he was given a sample of "just brewed beer" and found it to be anything like the stuff off the shelf, aromatic, much richer in taste, etc.

What was he really given, beer ready to ship, or much younger?

Miller is the big boy in Milwaukee and when I toured it in '06 (or was that '07?) they had MGD, Miller Lite and Leinenkugel's Creamy Dark on tap and i'll be damned if they all tasted better then and there then in any bottle i've ever had.

Years ago when I was stationed at Ft. Lewis, Wa. we would go down to Olympia on the weekends to tour the Olympia brewery. The tour was nice, something different every time, but the real treat was the tap room at the end of the tour. Drink all ya want of stuff that was only available at the brewery. They made a beer very much like a Sam Adams, just full of hops, and a very nice Bock. This was in the early 70's. When I asked why it was not available to the public they said marketing showed it just would not sell, so they continued to make special beers only available to friends, family and employees.
AP

MriswitH said:
Miller is the big boy in Milwaukee and when I toured it in '06 (or was that '07?) they had MGD, Miller Lite and Leinenkugel's Creamy Dark on tap and i'll be damned if they all tasted better then and there then in any bottle i've ever had.

Yep, my dentist went to Miller, and that is exactly how hedescribed it!

The question is why..??

beergears said:
Yep, my dentist went to Miller, and that is exactly how hedescribed it!

The question is why..??

Maybe freshness. Dead filtered beer probably keeps a lot less longer than our homebrew with yeast and decent amount of hops in it.

The stuff in bottles probably stays over a year in a warehouse at ambient temperature before hitting store shelves.

Latest posts

Back