Carbing issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReverseApacheMaster

Reaction score
I've given root beer my first go a couple of weeks ago. I did use yeast, rather than force carb. I know there was some fermentation because there's clearly more yeast/trub in the bottom than it started with.

However, no carbination.

I don't have CO2 on hand to force carb, and I will check when I get home to see if the extract had preservatives, but I suspect the culprit is a leaky cap on the 2 liter bottle. Is there anyway to check for a leak?

I've given root beer my first go a couple of weeks ago. I did use yeast, rather than force carb. I know there was some fermentation because there's clearly more yeast/trub in the bottom than it started with.

However, no carbination.

I don't have CO2 on hand to force carb, and I will check when I get home to see if the extract had preservatives, but I suspect the culprit is a leaky cap on the 2 liter bottle. Is there anyway to check for a leak?

Hold it under water? Of course, if the co2 already leaked out, you wont' see any bubbling anyway. I don't really know of any other way to check, though.

Back