• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB nitrogen beer gas tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FFJohnston

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a used beergas tank. In my area they only swap for full tanks and do not fill, so I don't want to buy a brand new aluminum one just so they can steal it lol. Thanks Marc

I have a 20lb co2 tank that was swapped at the gas supply. Very nice looking and you wouldn't care if you had to swap it, as that is where it came from. It is currently empty, but pressure tested and in good condition. I can ship it to you, I have done it before, and you can trade it for a full one locally. I actually asked last time, and they could have given the mix to me also, just a little more.

I could send it to you for $60 plus shipping, which would prob be around $20.(ups says)

Thanks for you offer but I tried trading a co2 tank at my local gas supply and they told me I needed a nitrogen tank due to the valves and pressure. And 20 lbs is a little big. But thanks

The "Beer Gas" tank could be nitrogen, argon, argon/Co2 mix. The cylinder needs to have a CGA 580 fitting.

Airgas told me they'd trade one of my extra CO2 tanks for a beer gas tank...just an idea if you have an extra co2

Glad to hear that will work for you. Let us know how the transaction goes.

My local airgas will fill any size bottle with beergas, either the nitrogen or co2 fitting, but only on fridays. Every place is different. Either valve can be used, it's up to the person filling the bottle.

I just picked up a beer gas tank and regulator. It's a CO2 regulator and a CO2 tank. The guy told me at the size I wanted, both bottles are pressure tested to the same rating. So no need for a single purpose nitro regulator or special bottle. I was pretty suprised when informed of this (bought the equivlant of a 5lb bottle), and pleased that I have another regulator that can perform double duty if needed.

I live in a small city and my gas supply doesn't actually fill anything. They send bottles to phoenix, so they just exchange bottles. I actually have to order beergas and wait for it to get here.

Back