Help! I'm obsessed with homebrewing!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgez

Reaction score
Ever since my cousin in law bought me a real homebrew setup over a year ago, I have been addicted. I am constantly reading books, looking online to see how I can improve my brews. Now, I am stepping up to partial mashes and I find myself even more obsessed. I may need counseling. Here is what I find myself doing

* I read through homebrew books every night before I go to bed, looking at recipes and techniques to improve my brews.
* When Im in a meeting at work, the boss is talking about performance and numbers, I hear mash effeciency and how much extract/grain to use.
* I daydream at work about having an all grain setup and making killer brews
* I have turned the wife down for some nookie because I am too busy with ProMash planning out my next brew.
* I am constantly on forums looking for techniques from other fellow homebrewers.
* My wife is constanly wondering what a -insert beer equipment here- is and why the UPS guy just dropped it off.
* I find myself being much more critical of the beers I drink. I hold up beer to the light, smell it, before drinking it. My friends think Im crazy.

I need help. Should I sell all my brewing equipment and cuddle up with my wife? I am being consumed...Am I alone?

I need help. Should I sell all my brewing equipment and cuddle up with my wife? I am being consumed...Am I alone?

Welcome to my world......I did all that reading and day dreaming. The only problem was that most of my day dreaming was done on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier in the gulf. It's not exactly the type of enviroment to be doing it, but 6 month deployments offer ample time to read a lot of brewing literature.

Ever since my cousin in law bought be a real homebrew setup over a year ago, I have been addicted. I am constantly reading books, looking online to see how I can approve my brews. Now, I am stepping up to partial mashes and I find myself even more obsessed. I may need counseling. Here is what I find myself doing

* I read through homebrew books every night before I go to bed, looking at recipes and techniques to improve my brews.
* When Im in a meeting at work, the boss is talking about performance and numbers, I hear mash effeciency and how much extract/grain to use.
* I daydream at work about having an all grain setup and making killer brews
* I have turned the wife down for some nookie becuase I am too busy with ProMash planning out my next brew.
* I am constantly on forums looking for techniques from other fellow homebrewers.
* My wife is constanly wondering what a -insert beer equipment here- is and why the UPS guy just dropped it off.
* I find myself being much more critical of the beers I drink. I hold up beer to the light, smell it, before drinking it. My friends think Im crazy.

Dude, this is serious. There is ALWAYS room for brewing AND nookie. Luckily you can satisfy both desires by having her whisper brewing terms while you are doing it. And if you like German beers, have her whisper with a German accent. (dang, I'm getting excited just thinking about it!)

If she's afraid of "Blowoff" and won't "Autosiphon", see if she will turn over on her "Bock" and give her the old "Racking Cane". There will be time to focus your attention on your beer again during your "Protein Rest".

If you're asking for help to get over your obsession I think you're in the wrong place. Nothing but enablers here.

Never ever pass up nookie for obsessing about homebrew, there is always time to brew but as many of us know nookie is only available on a limited basis.

Yeah, unless some poor unfortunate soul has more nookie than he knows what to do with (If this concept is hard to understand, you must be married) then drop whatever thing you are doing and go get some! Unlike a woman, your beer will still love you when come back!

* I have turned the wife down for some nookie becuase I am too busy with ProMash planning out my next brew.
QUOTE]

Nice, I showed this one to the wife, thought i was the only one wheeeew!!!:D
dont worry man we all have this problem, it only gets worse......
wait till you go All-Grain, and start making your own recipes, you will dream of hop and grain gardens, and you will only shop for beer at bevmo and only choose from the craft brew section trying to find your next clone recipe...:ban:

If she's afraid of "Blowoff" and won't "Autosiphon", see if she will turn over on her "Bock" and give her the old "Racking Cane". There will be time to focus your attention on your beer again during your "Protein Rest".

Best post I've seen in a while :mug: PROST

Welcome to the obsession. Always make time for the wife. Beer can wait.

I can't seriously believe that someone would turn down some nookie to brew beer. I mean, I know that brewing is a great hobby, and addictive and everything, but come on!

I'm like 40 yo and married, and I get it regularly, like twice a week or so, and I'd STILL never turn it down for brewing. Of course if I'm actually in the middle of brewing a batch, I might slip it in during the boil, but I'd at least want to do it on the kitchen table, so I could keep on eye on the kettle...

Intercourse while brewing... Wasn't this like a Seinfeld episode??

I would sell the wife to get more equipment, but thats just me.:drunk: HAHA Theres nothing wrong with your feelings. I recomend you keep going full steam ahead.:ban:

Dr. Papinquack here, this is a pretty serious situation your in. I'm forced to give you a prescription. I recommend You call one of your friends in the area right now and ask them to bring you a budwieser or any other comercial beer they have. Then once it arrives, open a bottle of home brew and compare and contrast.... This is a most extreme case. I can only hope you'll make it out of this. By the way Guy's I'm not enabling him I'm being objective I am a professional after all. :drunk:

Back