home bar/keezer D.I.Y.'ers and suchlike, come help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawbrewing

Reaction score
we just closed on our house. it's a tri-level, and swmbo has graciously allowed me to do with the lower level as i please. i will be building an "L" shaped bar down there. i want to have the small side of the "L" coming out of the wall, and a coffin box on the top of that piece, and then the long side of the "L" will just have some shelving/cabinets on the backside of it for glassware storage, some spirits, etc.

my delima is in coming up with how to have the keezer underneath the short side of the "L", out of view, but able to have easy access to it for changing out kegs, etc. and also the best way to route the beer lines from out of the keezer and up into the coffin box.

i thought i could just build a collar on the keezer, and put it on casters, and have the beer lines come out of the back side of the collar, and up into a hole in the bar top up above it, and then into the coffin box, and simply have enough slack in the beer lines that i can roll the keezer out to open up the lid, and just wrap up the beer lines in some insulation, and something to keep them somewhat cold.

my other thought was to affix the bartop on the short side of the "L" onto the lid of the keezer, and not "join" the short and long side of the "L" , and keep the keezer stationary, and simply lift up on that side of the bar top and the keezer lid would come up with it, if that makes any sense.

i know theres a lot of you in here that have built bars, etc. and i figured i'd let you guys chime in on the pros and cons of each way, and maybe even come up with something better that i hadn't thought of yet.

thanks!

brian

stationary keezer with the top of the bar attached to teh keezer top is going to be much easier, plus you will get a better seal into the coffin box.

Back