Do You Polka?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob_Marley

Reaction score
Do you know how to Polka?

Love to? .... or "Only when you have to" ?

Do it well? ... Barely?

Like to get more practice?

How often do you get the chance to dance (in a year, season, etc)?

Is it mostly with a specific type of music or festival? Polish, German, Slovene, Austrian other ... ?

I do it passably but need more practice ... Beginning Intermediate I guess. Gotta put down the stein and get on the floor more.

My better half is Polish-American and she polkas much better than I do.
Besides Polka festivals and church festivals I get the chance at a local German club as well ... different music and different style than the Polish and Slovene stuff I usually am exposed to.

I love to polka. Can't say I'm great but I can sure get around the dance floor. Especially after a few beers.

I'll polka anywhere there is music. Being only 27 I'm sure I'm in the minority for my age group but its a heck of a lot of fun. I mainly dance at weddings and there is a German fest that I've gone too and I had a great time dancing there as well.

I'm full blooded Buffalo Polska, it's in our genes. I love to polka but I need a few in me to really get me moving. The downside is my wife (who is also Polish) refuses to be my partner. But hey, Dyngus Day is only two weeks away, lots of old ladies looking for a nice guy to cut a rug with.

Back