What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Water.

Anyway, this pic:

brought to mind this scene in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas :
Hunter S. Thompson said:
About five miles back I had a brush with the CHP. Not stopped or pulled over: nothing routine. I always drive properly. A bit fast, perhaps, but always with consummate skill and a natural feel for the road that even cops recognize. No cop was ever born who isn't a sucker for a finely-executed hi-speed Controlled Drift all the way around one of those cloverleaf freeway interchanges.

Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side when he sees the big red light behind him ... and then he will start apologizing, begging for mercy.

This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. The thing to do – when you're running along about 100 or so and you suddenly find a red-flashing CHP-tracker on your tail – what you want to do then is accelerate. Never pull over with the first siren-howl. Mash it down and make the bastard chase you at speeds up to 120 all the way to the next exit. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker-signal that says you're about to turn right.

This is to let him know you're looking for a proper place to pull off and talk ... keep signaling and hope for an off-ramp, one of those uphill side-loops with a sign saying "Max Speed 25" ... and the trick, at this point, is to suddenly leave the freeway and take him into the chute at no less than 100 miles an hour.

He will lock his brakes about the same time you lock yours, but it will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180-degree turn at this speed ... but you will be ready for it, braced for the Gs and the fast heel-toe work, and with any luck at all you will have come to a complete stop off the road at the top of the turn and be standing beside your automobile by the time he catches up.

He will not be reasonable at first ... but no matter. Let him calm down. He will want the first word. Let him have it. His brain will be in a turmoil: he may begin jabbering, or even pull his gun. Let him unwind; keep smiling. The idea is to show him that you were always in total control of yourself and your vehicle – while he lost control of everything.

It helps to have a police/press badge in your wallet when he calms down enough to ask for your license. I had one of these – but I also had a can of Budweiser in my hand. Until that moment, I was unaware that I was holding it. I had felt totally on top of the situation ... but when I looked down and saw that little red/silver evidence-bomb in my hand, I knew I was ****ed. ....

Speeding is one thing, but Drunk Driving is quite another. The cop seemed to grasp this – that I'd blown my whole performance by forgetting the beer can. His face relaxed, he actually smiled. And so did I. Because we both understood, in that moment, that my Thunder Road, moonshine-bomber act had been totally wasted: We had both scared the piss out of ourselves for nothing at all – because the fact of this beer can in my hand made any argument about "speeding" beside the point.

He accepted my open wallet with his left hand, then extended his right toward the beer can. "Could I have that?" he asked.

"Why not?" I said.

He took it, then held it up between us and poured the beer out on the road.

Proper glassware.

IMG_20150714_190456761_HDR.jpg

Coffee.
For any that may be interested to know, it appears @brewinhooligan is going through a pretty rough time right now. He's been sick and in the hospital. From the information I know, he has meningitis and a mass on one side of his lungs. They're not sure if it's cancer. He and his family could definitely use some positive thoughts and prayers their way.

Nothing but best wishes!

@Bucknuts has chosen wisely!

View attachment 1436922404565.jpg

Look it yall with your fancy growlers. There isn't a growler fill within half an hour of me though, might be worth it if that were the case.

Having an amazon princess. Last one... Keg kicked. If it would have happened two hours ago I would have run to the brewery for another. Oh well.

This is good.
View attachment 290195

Off topic: Is anyone else excited about these new clear up close pictures of Pluto, or am I the only nerd here? View attachment 290196

Cheers to Pluto explorers! Wanted to be an Astronomer and quantum physicists when I was a teenager. But after finding out what they made, changed mind. Of course that was pre-Hubble. Now some make well into 6 figures.

HB IPA..with Dogs Gone Wild,

Attachments

• 1436925071393.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back