Great HOP pricing going on!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered 5 lbs of leaf on September 8. Shipping confirmation Sept 14. Got them September 21 via UPS.

All of the bags were over by 3 or MORE ounces! :rockin:

Shipping weight on the confirmation UPS email was 10 lbs.

Did anyone else get any bags with rips in them??? 4 out of the 5 bags were fine. One bag (cascades) had a tear in the bag about an inch long. There were a few hop cone leafs in the bottom of the box that had fallen out. the box did look kinda beat up, but it did come a long way....

I assume that this is a RDWHAHB type situation....?
I am sure it happens pretty regularly to actual breweries.

I ordered 5 lbs of leaf on September 8. Shipping confirmation Sept 14. Got them September 21 via UPS.

All of the bags were over by 3 or MORE ounces! :rockin:

Shipping weight on the confirmation UPS email was 10 lbs.

Did anyone else get any bags with rips in them??? 4 out of the 5 bags were fine. One bag (cascades) had a tear in the bag about an inch long. There were a few hop cone leafs in the bottom of the box that had fallen out. the box did look kinda beat up, but it did come a long way....

I assume that this is a RDWHAHB type situation....?
I am sure it happens pretty regularly to actual breweries.

Relax, you are good

yeah, i figured it was no big deal. I stuck a piece of duct tape over the rip, which seemed to seal 'er up pretty good.

Sure is nice to get over a full pound of free hops with a 5# order!!:ban:

I am dying to get in on this but got a bit of cold feet when I read an earlier message about shipping costs. I sent an email requesting a shipping estimate but understand they are very busy and may not have time to deal with window shoppers while they have a line of customers with money in hand. In the earlier msg, someone referenced $10/lb for shipping... Was that for each pound or for a single pound? I'm thinking 3-5 pounds to the Cincinnati area, anyone have an idea what shipping may cost me?

Thanks,
Ed

I am dying to get in on this but got a bit of cold feet when I read an earlier message about shipping costs. I sent an email requesting a shipping estimate but understand they are very busy and may not have time to deal with window shoppers while they have a line of customers with money in hand. In the earlier msg, someone referenced $10/lb for shipping... Was that for each pound or for a single pound? I'm thinking 3-5 pounds to the Cincinnati area, anyone have an idea what shipping may cost me?

Thanks,
Ed

My shipping was around 10.50 for 5# to lancaster pa.

Thanks,
Ed

Mine was $10.38 for 5 lb to Memphis, TN. Well worth it!

I paid 6.50 for shipping 10 lb to Oregon (business address - saves a buck or two). Had I known shipping would be so cheap I would have ordered from them ages ago. At these prices even if you order ONE pound you'll be far ahead of the LHBS even with shipping.

Thanks,
Ed

I just got 4 pounds shipped to cincinnati. Shipping was about 12 dollars.

Guys - I got 1lb. each of Amarillo, Centennial, Columbus, Magnum, Simcoe and Hallertau.

What would you round that out with. Seems like I am missing English styles like maybe Goldings, Fuggles, Willamette?

What would you add to the mix for a nice experimental selection??

If anybody in Portland Oregon wants to split shipping on an order, I'd be in for another 3-4 pounds. Just PM me. I work right off of NW 21st.

ended up gettin me some also... 1# amarillo, 1# cascade, 1# hallertau, 1# magnum... figured i'd have most bases covered with that...

one question, how long do we expect these 2008 hops will last? i know it will take me a while to use 4# of hops... unless i get nutty with a IIPA or something. i assume vaccuum repacking after use or packing into 1 oz bags and freezing will be the best method for longevity?

vac packed in the freezer they will last a long time - year or more... I am using hops now that I bought last year and they come out of the bag smelling like sunshine!

OK... I hope you people are all happy.
I just ordered 6 pounds of hops. Who's gonna explain to the SWMBO the credit card bill and all the brewing I'm gonna have to do now?

Ed

Mine just arrived(centennial and cascade), but they sent pellets instead of leaf. Customer service was nice and will fix, but it's a bummer to have to wait again....

order arrived on Monday!!

I am swimming in hops a little over 10 lbs.

3 lbs Cascade leaf
1 lb Magnum pellet
1 lb Chinook pellet
1 lb Williamette pellet
2 lbs Amarillo pellet
2 lbs Centennial pellet

:mug:

I placed a heavy order before the sale went on. I e-mailed them and Carla was kind enough to put my order in at the discounted price.

I am in the process of vacuum sealing 2 oz bags :ban:

I was doing a little griping here but in the end hops direct did me right and I feel I should tell you that they took care of me in the end.

I ordered on 9-8. I started reading people ordering on 9-8 shipping notification 9-14, ordered 9-14 shipping notification 9-16. Meanwhile I hadn't heard a thing, no charge on credit card.

After 2 unanswered emails, and a phone call to an answering service I heard nothing, no response. Emailed again this past Sunday, finally got a response on Sunday shockingly within 15 minutes I might add, that they were digging to find the problem.

Yesterday got two emails from Diana and Carla, respectively. First to ask what I ordered as my order was somehow lost and to email Diana directly, and it would be shipped first thing today free of shipping charges. The second from Carla to say they did find my order, first to go out today, and free 2nd day air to RI.

A bit of a hassle, but thank you hops direct for making it all right in the end. Much appreciated.

Got my 7 pounds of hops today in the mail...packaged very well. I will be doing all of my bulk hop ordering thru these guys in the future. Thanks to the OP for the post.

HD is the bomb...

I ordered about 8 pounds earlier this year, and just got 8 more ounces of Tettnanger for $5.

OK... I hope you people are all happy.
I just ordered 6 pounds of hops. Who's gonna explain to the SWMBO the credit card bill and all the brewing I'm gonna have to do now?

Ed

Easy to explain, just say you got 6 pounds of hops for $XX (probably $80 shipped?), and you got wholesale prices. Also mention that if you had bought them by the ounce, you would have paid $XXX (probably $400), and since hops last in the freezer for over a year, you're spending $$ now to save $$$$ in the future, and will be set on most of your hops for XX brewing sessions.

...then buy her a nice pair of earrings.

Easy to explain, just say you got 6 pounds of hops for $XX (probably $80 shipped?), and you got wholesale prices. Also mention that if you had bought them by the ounce, you would have paid $XXX (probably $400), and since hops last in the freezer for over a year, you're spending $$ now to save $$$$ in the future, and will be set on most of your hops for XX brewing sessions.

...then buy her a nice pair of earrings.

Perfect. Only problem is that she only has two ears. Now to explain the 8 Perlicks I'm about to purchase in the group buy thats in the works. I think the answer is that THIS website has to be shutdown...WAY too many great deals.

I bought Fuggle (US and UK), Golding, Willamette (2), and Halertau based on brews that I plan to keep on tap.

Of course I'm joking about the SWMBO, if she thinks this hobby is expensive, I'll take up golf.

I got my order today.
1 each of Amarillo, cascade, centennial, & willamette.
I need to pick up one of those jar sealer thingys, the one that doesn't need the food saver to work, kinda looks like a bike pump. Who has one, good results? I don't want to put the $ into the foodsaver.

Wow, I guess it's easy to forget just how many new users there are here on a regular basis. I've been ordering from hopdirect.com for a while now, and it's good to see that this post showed so many people the benefits of ordering from them.

Wow, I guess it's easy to forget just how many new users there are here on a regular basis. I've been ordering from hopdirect.com for a while now, and it's good to see that this post showed so many people the benefits of ordering from them.

Not sure we are talking about the same thing... the folks in this thread are ordering Hops from a company at www.hopSdirect.com. hopdirect is a Holistic Practitioner Directory

:drunk::p:drunk: Sorry... couldn't resist

How beautiful is this?!? Just received them yesterday! I think I'll go back for seconds.

HopsandBrew.jpg

1# each Cascade, Centennial, Amarillo, and Columbus

Prob going back for some warrior/magnum and saaz...

I got my order today.
1 each of Amarillo, cascade, centennial, & willamette.
I need to pick up one of those jar sealer thingys, the one that doesn't need the food saver to work, kinda looks like a bike pump. Who has one, good results? I don't want to put the $ into the foodsaver.

Ordered mine over the weekend: Pump N Seal is what I assume you're referring to. I'll let you know when it gets here next week. Search this thread, someone mentioned a few posts back that it works well, and there are a few posts in other threads too if you search.

got 4 pounds coming in on friday. I need to buy a vacuum sealer to split them up.

what are your reviews on these? I'm looking to go for like 50 bucks max so no fancy stuff please

I ordered a pump-n-seal, but never got an email confirmation and haven't heard or received anything. Did you guys get any notice or did it just show up? Not worried, just don't wanna order again if its on its way.

where did you buy it from? I was up overnight and got a foodsaver on ebay for like 50 bucks.

if you are wondering about the hops, I got a delivery confirmation on mine. but that's because I paid through paypal so we had a bunch of email messages back and forth

keep in mind they are in harvest right now and are SUPER busy

I ordered a pump-n-seal, but never got an email confirmation and haven't heard or received anything. Did you guys get any notice or did it just show up? Not worried, just don't wanna order again if its on its way.

I had the same feeling when I ordered mine. I think it took 8-10 days for it to show up on my doorstep. Whenever they ship it, they will email you.

So far, I love mine. The tabs are infinitely reusable and the pump device is easy to store and utilize. Won't compare the vacuum effectiveness to FS since I've never owned one, but I cannot imagine a more practical device for storing pellet hops in quart jars. The system simply works as advertised. One pound of hops fits perfectly.

Haven't used it yet to vacuum seal ziplock bags, but I think the FS has an advantage in this area. If I could own both, I would.

I've got 6# on the way:
Amarillo
Cascades
Cluster
Chinook
Nugget
Willamette

Four members of my LHBC went in together and purchased about $250 worth of hops together, saves on the shipping. I wanted another # of Cascades or a # of Colombus... but I just don't see myself using the above in a calander year.

Viva la hops!!!!

Schlante,
Phillip

Hand held FoodSaver for $30, PLUS 18 free bags..:) (FREE BAGS ARE ADDED WHEN YOU ADD ITEM TO YOUR CART!!)

1 – FoodSaver® FreshSaver® appliance
1 – Charging Stand
2 – Deli Containers
5 – Quart Vacuum Zipper Bags
5 –Gallon Vacuum Zipper Bags
Plus Bonus 5 Additional Quart Vacuum Zipper Bags

http://www.foodsaver.com/freshsaver...ampaign=U9FEAAA&utm_source=FS+SAVE_MAIN_IMAGE

Pol,

Have you used this before? If this works its a great deal, but i have one of the handheld ziploc ones and it gives me nothing but problems.

Also, can you use the attachments for things like mason jars and such?

Back