Where to fill CO2 near Ann Arbor/Howell MI?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffin

Reaction score
I found a previous old thread on this, but no one listed a specific location/vendor.

Where can I get a CO2 tank filled in SE Michigan? Ann Arbor/Howell/Dexter Area?

Thanks, they worked out well. I went to the one in Auburn Hills because I happened to be there for work. They said they fill tanks in Ferndale, you have to drop it off and pick it up later. Even though I had a new 5lb tank from Midwest, I decided it was easier to just exchange it rather than fill it. It was under $17 dollars to exchange.

Note to co2 tank buyers from midwest: I should've saved $5 at midwest and just bought a used tank, rather than get a new one.

I also found they (airgas) sell a decent sized oxygen tank for around $115 filled - I need to ask how much future exchanges will be, but that didn't sound bad, considering the little tiny oxygen tanks at lowes or home depot are like $10. Anyone know if the williams regulator/stick kit work with these type of tanks too?

Hi

If your Airgas outlet is like the one here, plan on spending some time when you visit. I think I saved roughly $10 every 10 minutes the guy spent digging in the computer for better prices on basically the same gas bottle. Took an hour, but it was worth the time....

Bob

Thanks, they worked out well. I went to the one in Auburn Hills because I happened to be there for work. They said they fill tanks in Ferndale, you have to drop it off and pick it up later. Even though I had a new 5lb tank from Midwest, I decided it was easier to just exchange it rather than fill it. It was under $17 dollars to exchange.

Oh yeah, I forgot they only fill in Ferndale... I always just exchange. Once I received a free 20lb steel tank from a neighbor in which the certification expired years ago. I took it to them, they found some markings from some company that went out of business years ago. But the guy at the counter remembered that Airgas bought out the company that bought out the company that had those markings... So they exchanged my old, uncertified, empty, steel tank for a practically brand new aluminum tank that was filled for $20. Great customer service through them.

Back