Pill/Sow bug problems!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Clamper

Reaction score
They're eating my Cascade that's just a few inches out of the ground! I'm not ready to bust out with the chemical warfare, but is there a good easy "organic" way of taking care of this? Should I just F it and bust out with Ortho? Gimme Gimme!

I posted this in another thread should work for you too . . .
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=25413&page=2&highlight=elder post #13
its from a guy I listen ot on the radio on my way to and way from work on Sunday mornings. yes it works and it works on ANY bugs. I use it every year for ants and those lady bug things as well as using it on my roses and hops for aphids. The guys name is Jerry Baker, has a crap ton of books out and all the wierd stuff he says to do actually works great. Spray it on EVERYTHING up to and including the foundation of the house. A 20 gallon sprayer should cover about 5000sqfeet

BTW he sells tons of stuff off his site but if ya listen to his radio show you can save yourself the cash and follow his old time tonics(he gives out the recipies like a dozen freeking times a show). Everything he sells is basicly a comercial version of the old school stuff.

BTW here are the 2 basic toniccs that will solve 90% of any yard problems you have. 1 WARNING IF YOU USE THEM BE PREPARED TO MOW YOUR YARD LIKE YOU NEVER THOUGHT YOU WOULD MOW BEFORE the stuff in the ( ) is what he says on the radio and will save ya money. BTW if ya go with the p1ss route use a HEAVY DUTY JUG or the stink will leach out, and yes the p1ss works better then the amonia I dunno why Also if ya add the absolute hottest hot sauce you can find (I use one thats rated at like 250,000 skoval units) and castor oil it works great on keeping dogs, cats, deer, and anything else on 4 legs outa where ever ya spray it

All-Season Green-Up Tonic
1 can of beer,
1 cup of ammonia (or human urine if ya listen to his radio show)
1/2 cup of Plant Shampoo (equal parts Murpheys oil soap, lemon scented dish soap and baby shampoo)
1/2 cup of Liquid Lawn Food (fish emulsion)
1/2 cup molasses or corn syrup (1 can of any NON diet cola)
Mix all of the ingredients in a bucket, and pour into your 20 gallon hose-end sprayer. Apply to everything in your yard to the point or run-off every 3 weeks, in the morning, throughout the growing season.

All-Season Clean-Up Tonic
1 cup of Plant Shampoo (See Above)
1 cup of antiseptic mouthwash (any cheep Listerne type stuff)
1 cup of chewing tobacco tea*
Mix all of the ingredients in your 20 gallon hose-end sprayer, filling the balance of the sprayer jar with warm water. Apply to your entire yard to the point of run-off every 2 weeks, in the evening, to discourage insects and prevent disease

*Chewing Tobacco Tea
* To make tobacco tea, place half a handful of chewing tobacco in an old nylon stocking and soak it in a gallon of hot water until the mixture is dark brown.

would'nt that eventually make your hops taste like a dip spitoon?

i'm not too sure on a red-man pale ale...

not knockin it, matter of fact i plan on using it. but it still seems like if you use it every two weeks all summer your gonna end up with some cope cascades. now that'll put some hair on yer chest.

Back