What are you getting for Christmas (Beer related)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm getting an immersion chiller, 2 bayou classic burners, AHS BAvarian Bock, and AHS Flanders Brown Ale

I'm getting a hive for christmas. I discovered a wild hive in an overturned wheelbarrow this summer, and plan on moving them. This will give me a source for honey for meads and beer.

Today at bevmo I picked up:
6pack Anchor Holiday Ale
6pack Rogue Dead Guy
4pack Sam Adams Imperial Pilsner
2 22oz Rogue Santa's private reserve
2 22oz Anchor Liberty Ale
2 22oz Stone Arrogant Bastard
2 22oz Stone Ruination IPA
All are first for me except the bastard, Im a poor college student, and got a check from my grampa today for christmas, so its rare for me to splurge like this.

Just got it...tons of grain! And a Barley Crusher coming on Monday! :D

sth70662.jpg

A tree under my tree
"I think the the Lil Misses got me a bottle tree, cause she is sick of my mickey mouse drying rack taking up kitchen space

So my mom asked me what I want for my b-day (which is two weeks after Xmas)...:mug:

I'm in the same boat, Jan 5th Bday. All my life, the two have been combined.

SWMBO won't get me any more beer related stuff. After giving me the kit and thinking I'd do it for a little while and quit (last birthday present), she say's she wont be part of my overindulging and obsession.

you guys did not put all that grain in 5 gallon buckets!!!!!

or did you?

Not all of it...just my portion of it! Not bad though..only 5 buckets for 120# of grain. Makes it a hell of a lot easier to move around, and hopefully will keep it fresh for some time.

I like it as a storage option. I have some 5 gallon paint buckets and lots of grain. The two will make a great pair.

I'm hoping for a 48 qt cooler and a bunch of stocking stuffer misc stuff. I already finished my homemade grain mill as a present to myself. I picked up the rollers from the machine shop on Monday and crushed a bunch already. $83 complete.

Awesome, I just got a bada$$ propane burner from the fiancee as my final Xmas gift. Thanks honey!

Too bad I can't use it until we move into an apartment with a porch or garage :(

Well I gave SWMBO a list of items I wanted.

What I asked for:

Pasta Roller for DIY Grain Mill
Designing Great Beers
Radical Brewing
Star Wars : The Annotated Screenplays
Digital Food Scale
Juicer (for wines and such)

I asked for a couple beer books. How to Brew by Cooper and some book by michael jackson (the beer guy, not the fairy)

Got a surprise from Austin Homebrew yesterday: 1/2" Autosiphon, 1/2" racking tubing (for 10 gallon batches) and a Chocolate Raspberry Stout ingredient kit. :ban:

I know she has bought me some beers but I won't know until Xmas which ones.

No equipment (apartment is already half taken over with kegs and coolers), but my brother that's going to school in MI is bringing me a bounty of beers from Founders, Arcadia, and Dark Horse. :D

Books:
Designing great beers.
Brewing Classic Styles.
Clone Brews.
And of great interest... A Textbook of Brewing, Vol 1&2. Huzzah!

Oh. And 1lb of Cascade, 1lb of Willamette, and 1lb of Fuggles.

How about beer? My SWMBO told me to buy something I wanted to put under the tree from Santa. I couldn't find the 15 gallon pot I was looking for, or the SQ-14 burner, so I went to the market and picked up 5 bottles of beer.

I figure I can play that out pretty well with the younger ones on X-mas day. "Look kids, Santa does get you things you like." SWMBO on the other is a bit miffed and doesn't want the girls to think that Santa brings beer.

My Mom bought me a Kit from AHS, SWMBO does not approve of my hobby.

Woohoo! Find out what SWMBO likes to drink and brew it up! My SWMBO isn't crazy about my brewing obsession either, but likes my Citrus Wheat A LOT! I make sure I've always got a steady supply...especially when I need to make an equipment purchase! :mug:

I got:
carboy holder (for drying upside down)
oxygenator
fermawrap heater
temp controler
clone brews book
Designing Great Beers book

It is going to be a great Christmas!

Already know:
Clone Brews
Giant Engraved Beer Mug (Says "BrewMiester")

Others on List:
Foodsaver
10 gal Cooler
Perlick tap w/SS shank
digital scale
digital Thermometer

My B-day is also close to X-mas (Jan 1st)so i might get the foodsaver for a combo.

I really wanted a kegging setup but I don't think I am getting that, my SWMBO and I spent to much money on my 4 kids this year, but they are getting a WII and Dad will like that also. But you never know I may get lucky.

The Parents are off seeing my sis and felt guilty as I'll be alone at Christmas this year. They gave me Cash!

I'm surfing the web and making a list and checking it twice!!! :D

I've got Wine kit, so I'm looking to fill the gap with equipment for beer and a keg system.. then a fridge.

I love being my own "SANTA"!!!:ban:

Woohoo! Find out what SWMBO likes to drink and brew it up!
I have 2 recipes she likes and always keep on one tap, but getting her to buy me any thing is tough her take on it is that it would be cheaper to buy it from the store. Let's face it you don't brew to save money by the time you break even its time to replace the equipment

I got a 1000ml flask, stopper and air lock for starters, two pint glasses, an electric thermometer and a precession scale.

Hopefully the folks will dole out cash for Christmas, and I can pick up a grain mill and 3-4 cornies.

To top it off, after the kids go to bed tonight and santa does his thing, I'm going to bottle my Nut Brown that's been sitting for 4 weeks. It will be my first beer in the pipe line after a year lay off from brewing.

My MIL gave me a 32qt brew kettle and IC from Austin Homebrew Supply. My wife gave me Radical Brewing. Looking forward to February when I can start brewing again :ban:

Immersion Chiller
$100 Gift Certificate to LHBS
Ingredients for a wit
6 Gal. Better Bottle
How To Brew

My birthday is Jan. 26th, so from the parents I'm asking for a freezer and the wife is getting me the hoses, cornies, tank, and taps. Can't wait to pitch some of my bottles.

Back