What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pepper balls at the hospital. ..

Congrats! Look at all that hair.

Finally got to bring the little one home today. Dug into to the cellar for this. Not to bad. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416369865.108551.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

My oldest daughter and her husband found out today that their baby, due in May, is a boy! I guessed incorrectly...but I'm happy with whatever baby will call me Grandpa!

No alki-hawl tonight...caffeine free Coke Zero and off to bed. Been binge-watching "Arrow" on Netflix, since meeting John Barrowman at NCComicon last weekend. (Also Capt. Jack Harkness on "Torchwood" and "Doctor Who".)

http://youtu.be/daCF2MtnTlc "How to Walk in High Heels"...funny. (New computer...don't know why photos rotate counterclockwise, not matter what I do to original?)

DSC06352.jpg

My oldest daughter and her husband found out today that their baby, due in May, is a boy! I guessed incorrectly...but I'm happy with whatever baby will call me Grandpa!

No alki-hawl tonight...caffeine free Coke Zero and off to bed. Been binge-watching "Arrow" on Netflix, since meeting John Barrowman at NCComicon last weekend. (Also Capt. Jack Harkness on "Torchwood" and "Doctor Who".)

http://youtu.be/daCF2MtnTlc "How to Walk in High Heels"...funny. (New computer...don't know why photos rotate counterclockwise, not matter what I do to original?)

Congrats grandpa! :D you better spoil the crap out of that kid

New beer for me tonight... Ironfire judge jury and executioner iiipa

Congrats Grandpa!

Second pour
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416373242.575225.jpg

Baby gets a bottle....Daddy gets a beer. Isn't that how it works?
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416376940.951299.jpg

Well, I wasn't planning to be up right now, but here I am. I think I really am about to be ready to sleep though. I decided to have one beer tonight to finish me off. Grabbed one of my homebrew McQuinn's Robust Coffee Porters...definitely better than last time I sampled it. Carb is better...still room to improve and for flavors to develop. It's just been in the bottles a couple of weeks. It's not amazing or anything, but tasty.

I dropped off a couple bottles each of the coffee robust porter, the regular robust porter and the Scottish Samhain Pumpkin Ale to the head brewer and the CEO of the local brewery for some feedback. We'll see what they say. See you all at coffee o'clock!

more cawfeh. boss changed our start time to 5 instead of 4 so paint & set-up departments don't be all whiny when us welders are leaving early on Thursday. I floccin' hate people.

There was a time when my company did awesome things. Oktoberfest coffee mug.

Should have quit drinking sooner last night too.

Drinking this after spending 40 minutes on the line with my cable company literally shooting the breeze. The lady was hilarious and I still got what I needed.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416404728.750684.jpg

I don't know where you're at in Texas, but my company is in Coppell. Their biggest issue last fall/winter was ice. I think the company shut down a couple of times due to the ice storms. I know I took a snow day in NC when it snowed even though it was 70 in Florida (where our other office is) and not snowing or even raining in Texas. :D

What do yall do for food in situations like this? If you live up north do you just make sure to pack some blankets,M.R.Es, and water every time you leave the house?

I usually pack a sleeping bag, smokes, and water. This time I had only smokes and some labatt blue lights that are still sitting in my trunk. If only I had my flask...

Holy ****.

Yes.

Serious? I didn't go back to last night's posts, but were you stuck there all night? That sucks bad. When snow is going to be that bad they should just tell you to work from home.

Yep. My coworker has been here since midnight yesterday, so she's got 12&1/2 hours more time here than me since I didn't get in until 12:30. I work in a group home, so there's no working at home unfortunately.

Crazy part is my house 6-7 miles away has like 5"

1416410381795.jpg

I don't know where you're at in Texas, but my company is in Coppell. Their biggest issue last fall/winter was ice. I think the company shut down a couple of times due to the ice storms. I know I took a snow day in NC when it snowed even though it was 70 in Florida (where our other office is) and not snowing or even raining in Texas. :D

I'm a little south in the Houston area. Dallas area gets a lot of snow and ice compare to us down here. Probably we are too close to the Gulf.

I usually pack a sleeping bag, smokes, and water. This time I had only smokes and some labatt blue lights that are still sitting in my trunk. If only I had my flask...

Yes.

Yep. My coworker has been here since midnight yesterday, so she's got 12&1/2 hours more time here than me since I didn't get in until 12:30. I work in a group home, so there's no working at home unfortunately.

Crazy part is my house 6-7 miles away has like 5"

I heard parts of Buffalo are getting lake effect snow amounts of 90 inches. :eek:

I heard parts of Buffalo are getting lake effect snow amounts of 90 inches. :eek:

My work is one of the harder hit area. Happens every year, but usually I'm not stuck here for 22+ hours. Our plow service is gonna need something wayyyyy bigger if they're gonna clear the driveway here.
More hot chocolate after shoveling some of the exits clear.

My work is one of the harder hit area. Happens every year, but usually I'm not stuck here for 22+ hours. Our plow service is gonna need something wayyyyy bigger if they're gonna clear the driveway here.

Sneak-in a beer or twelve for me. I'm staying dry today after the buzz of buzzes last night.

Downing a water right now before I hammer legs.

Good lord man! I suppose it would be hard to work from home with a job like that. :)

Protein shake. Painters called 5 minutes after they were supposed to be here to tell me they'll be here at 1, then they gave me attitude when I asked if they can call me by 12:30 if they won't make it by 1 as I put my dog in daycare and I'll just bring her home. I am pretty close to bagging it and going with another company because they're dicks.

Good lord man! I suppose it would be hard to work from home with a job like that. :)

Protein shake. Painters called 5 minutes after they were supposed to be here to tell me they'll be here at 1, then they gave me attitude when I asked if they can call me by 12:30 if they won't make it by 1 as I put my dog in daycare and I'll just bring her home. I am pretty close to bagging it and going with another company because they're dicks.

Cut them some slack. They're trying to navigate to your home in a snowstorm for Christ's sake.

:tank:

Another option for you is I can go down there, paint, if you offer to have beer on-hand. And I can kill two birds with one stone and bring that table home with me.

Back