4 Faucet PVC draft tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the end caps are called test caps, used for leak testing new pipe installations. they're usually white and home depot has them. only downside is they have to be glued in place so they're not removable..

What are the end caps? I'd like to make a simple double tap tower, but I don't want to use the big dorky end cap that go around the outside of the pipe..i want the internal ones like you used..

The end caps are blanks. I think plummers use them to stick in a pipe so crap doesnt fall into the pipe during construction. They are just plastic plugs you can get them at home depot in the plumbing section.

the end caps are called test caps, used for leak testing new pipe installations. they're usually white and home depot has them. only downside is they have to be glued in place so they're not removable..

In my case they are just pressure fitted not glued in. You can pull them right out.

Hey there,

great job on your conversion. i am working on something similar. You had mentioned that if you did it again, you would put the faring in from the bottom...i have been trying to figure out how to get the particle board top off, but can't seem to see how it is connected. Any ideas (i have the same kegerator as you)?

Thanks much,
Greg

Been forever since I have bben on this forum and saw your question. The particle board top is screwed on. You can access the screws from the back of the unit.

Hey there,

Excellent work on the tower. I am looking to do something similar with 3" or 4" diameter iron pipe. I noticed that you mentioned cutting an access hole in the back to make the plumbing easier. Do you think you could have gotten by without that? Just wondering, as I am not sure how I would tackle this issue with the iron pipe if a hole would need to be cut.

Thanks,

EA

Hey there,

Excellent work on the tower. I am looking to do something similar with 3" or 4" diameter iron pipe. I noticed that you mentioned cutting an access hole in the back to make the plumbing easier. Do you think you could have gotten by without that? Just wondering, as I am not sure how I would tackle this issue with the iron pipe if a hole would need to be cut.

Thanks,

EA

On mine I cut holes in the back of the top pipe so I could screw tight the brass screw holding tight the shank. Unless you can fit your hand in the pipe from the end and tighten the brass screw your going to need a hole in the back to give you access. Drilling a two to three inch hole in iron pipe is going to be a ***** if its at all possible. The only reason I have holes in the back is to access the nuts to hold the shanks tight.

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like unless I could get an open wrench in the pipe this wouldn't work. It will actually be black steel pipe, but agree cutting a hole will be a pain. I'm guessing I will probably have to get it plasma cut or something.

I'm trying to replicate something like this:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/112611712/custom-draft-beer-tower-4-tap-iron-pipe

It looks like they might have cut out a big whole in the front, and then mounted them to a separate plate that they attached...

And most of my beer plumbing / faucets are arriving today, so I want to start figuring out how I am going to create my tower.

Thanks for the help!

EA

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like unless I could get an open wrench in the pipe this wouldn't work. It will actually be black steel pipe, but agree cutting a hole will be a pain. I'm guessing I will probably have to get it plasma cut or something.

I'm trying to replicate something like this:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/112611712/custom-draft-beer-tower-4-tap-iron-pipe

It looks like they might have cut out a big whole in the front, and then mounted them to a separate plate that they attached...

And most of my beer plumbing / faucets are arriving today, so I want to start figuring out how I am going to create my tower.

Thanks for the help!

EA

I was wondering if you ever made this type of tower out of the iron pipe. I am looking at doing the same exact thing and had the same question as you. Any tips would be appreciated.

Back