Working on my skills

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtvinny

Reaction score
I created a label for my first beer (a stout) with PowerPoint and have since spent some time working with Paint.net, a free photo editing program. Here is something I created that may well become my avatar.
old-e1.jpg
It just screams ghetto!

I haven't found a way to do good text with this though. What do you all recommend for a free editor or text tool? Thanks

jtvinny said:
I created a label for my first beer (a stout) with PowerPoint and have since spent some time working with Paint.net, a free photo editing program. Here is something I created that may well become my avatar.
old-e1.jpg
It just screams ghetto!

I haven't found a way to do good text with this though. What do you all recommend for a free editor or text tool? Thanks

FYI: You gotta pony up for a subscription before you can use said picture as an avatar...but it's worth it!

GIMP is a good, free image editing program. The learning curve isn't that bad, but if all you're used to is MS products, then it might take a bit to get the hang of it. You can also use WordArt in Powerpoint.

Back