Not carbonation my beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andypantz13

Reaction score
First off, hiya everybody, first time posting, but this site has been a huge help to me since I found it.

So, I have a friend who doesn't handle carbonated beverages very well, he can only manage a sip or two of beer. He however, would very much like to try some of my homebrews, so I got to thinking. When it comes to bottling time, would it be okay to just take a few bottles and fill them before adding my priming sugar. Or taking taking some a putting them in the fridge right after they are bottled so the yeast doesn't have a chance to reactivate? Will this do anything other than make for a lack of carbonation in the beer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Good Luck

I don't see why you couldn't bottle before adding the priming sugar.
The only issue I could see would be with long term storage causing oxidation. O2 absorbing caps may help for this application.
Unless you disturbed the floculated yeast while transfering to your botteling bucket there really shouldn't be much yeast to drop out since there hasn't been additional sugar added.

If your friend is so interested in your brew, tell him he has to become your BrewMonkey. He's got to be there on Wort Day (he can taste some after cleaning the equipment), he has to come over when you rack (he can tast a bit more while washing the autosiphon) and he can come by and wash bottles for you on bottle day (yet again, more samples). Everybody wins!!!

Latest posts

Back