commercially reusable 1 gallon keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crossmr

Reaction score
I've read some threads about buying minikegs and then modifying them to allow reuse.

I'm going to change my root beer home brew from yeast/sugar to forced carbonation, but I don't really want to use a 5 gallon keg for that. It's too much to make at once, plus I don't have enough spare space to keep a keg that large cold. Lack of space is an issue here in Korea.

I've read with the minikegs, you shouldn't keep using them over and over which means I'd have to get a new one every few times. that's why I'm looking for one that's made to be used for home brewing like a larger keg. Does such a thing exist? I haven't had much luck googling one. I get a lot of noise with people talking about reusing them so I'm not sure if there is one buried in there or not.

I see some 2.5 gallon kegs is that as small as normal kegs go?

I tried to reuse a minikeg and I had a hard time getting a good seal the third time so I moved on to a simple 2ltr bottle for easy moving of pressurized beer and a corny for the kegerator. Give it a try...

2 litre actually isn't quite big enough.

Root beer is non-existent in this country, and i plan to share it with some classes I teach, so I need at least a gallon at a time.

I don't want to reuse a minikeg, but would like to find a minikeg that is actually produced and made for home brewing so it's got all the proper attachments, seals, etc on it.

I did just find a 2.5 gallon one that is only 14.5 inches tall. That's actually not bad. I think i could fit that in my existing fridge. A bit larger than I was thinking. Around 1 gallon would be ideal.

For some reason I didn't get notifications even though I'm subscribed I'll have to check that.

beer pig, you mean this?

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/party-pig-system.html

Seems like it might be an issue with the pump discontinued. It's 2 1/4 gallons.

The cannonball is smaller, but pricey as you mentioned.

The man can looks perfect, a little pricey, and I'm not sure I can ship the included Co2 cartridges overseas or not. They say "Elsewhere" for shipping $20..so maybe it's okay.

I saw some 2.5 gallon ones for $75..but maybe by the time I shipped it here, bought a tap assembly got some Co2 and all that, it might be close to the price of a man can.

Latest posts

Back