Things keep breaking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zweasel

Reaction score
Aright, I have had enough, seems as if every time I start brewing or transferring something, something has to break. I have broken more racking canes, thermometers, and hydrometers right before I need them. I was just trying to put a hose on my racking can and it snapped right at the neck of the bend. So my question to all is what have you broken at the most inappropriate time.:drunk:

...hydrometer...I've broken about 6 of them and won't buy another...last one broke in the autosampler while sticking a primary of a brown ale...lost glass and the lead shot right into the primary and had to toss it all!!!

:mad:

last week broke my first racking cane
have broken 2 glass carboys so far.
the first two i didn't realize the glass couldn't take temperature extremes like pyrex so i tried to cool the carboy of wort in a snowbank. nice crack around the bottom when i picked it up - luckily was able to pour the beer into a plastic bucket.
didn't learn it was the temp from the first one so on cleaning another one i used hot water and while shaking it had the bottom blow out.
i finally learned to use cool water

Back