Don't forget freecycle.org

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan_PA

Reaction score
I am sure some know about this, but if you are looking for kegs, hardware, pots, bottles etc... remember to check your local freecycle.org group. I have been fairly lucky in getting items for free. It is not as well used as craigslist, but the price is always right if you find something you need.

Sigh...I've been on our local freecycle recently, and nothing of interest goes by, brew related or not. I'll still keep an eye on it, but I'd feel like a ****** posting: "WANTED: mini-fridge or chest freezer" when someone might put it to the intended use of storing food...

Ryan_PA said:
I am sure some know about this, but if you are looking for kegs, hardware, pots, bottles etc... remember to check your local freecycle.org group. I have been fairly lucky in getting items for free. It is not as well used as craigslist, but the price is always right if you find something you need.

i tried to put up an ad on delco freeylcle and the admin veto'd my post for a decomissiond 1/2 barrel keg. not sure why?

haven't tried posting for a brewpot.

I have been getting some good items from the delco freecycle. I have not posted for a keg, but keep you eyes open. Where are you in Delco?

Ryan_PA said:
I have been getting some good items from the delco freecycle. I have not posted for a keg, but keep you eyes open. Where are you in Delco?

i'm in drexel hill. i saw someone's post a while back for soda kegs. i think i figured out why my post was banned. i offered to buy the kegs....i guess that defies the concept of free-cycle! :b

PearlJamNoCode said:
What kind of stuff have you scored?

I have got a few items. Most recently a pressure cooker for yeast processing, and a large (bigger than I thought) old school deli scale for grain weighing. It is one of those things were you need to look for non homebrew specific items, but what can be re-perposed.

Back