You know you are a homebrewer when...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know you're a homebrewer when you can turn almost anything into a piece of brewing equipment.

As much fun as the what's RDWHAHB questions. That one always gets spoiled too quick lately. I had to find it myself, so let people find their own acros.

I didn't know before, but I just found it in the past 23 minutes, so if you say it, you suck. Maybe you're an EAC if you let the cat out of the bag. Now I'm going to go back and read the full thread, and all it's links.

lol... I saw Revvy's post and just started laughing. Thank you all for starting in... Between finals and trying to get ready for the holidays I needed the laugh.

I hadn't thought about being an EAC in a while... :)

You know you are a homebrewer when you never run out of beer and have to go out to get some. You just use your witchcraft to make some more.

As much fun as the what's RDWHAHB questions. That one always gets spoiled too quick lately. I had to find it myself, so let people find their own acros.

It is almost 12PM here on a Friday - got in at 8:30, saw this thread around 9... I just finished the EAC search and reading through the first 10 or so pages haha. What a time waster :)

You know you're a homebrewer when you calibrate your water heater so the tap water comes out at your exact strike temperature.

You buy some fancy gourmet sodas and, while pouring one into a glass, you do the shoulder pour to keep sediment out of the glass.

When you get a lb. of gourmet coffee for Christmas from the in-laws and your first thought is "This would be good in a Terrapin Wake & Bake clone" :)

You spend a week in Colorado hitting all of the tap rooms yet all you can think about is that keg of Lake Walk Pale Ale that you put on the CO2 right before you left.

DSC00984.jpg

You know that you are homebrewer then when it´s your birthday and your wife ask you "what kind of cake you want" and you reply "a yeast cake"

Now, that it's been resurrected, I guess I'll chime in.

You goto restaurant and insist you know more about the beer served than teh waitress.

You go to a brewpub and insist you know more about the beer served than the brewer. I saw this on the menu:

Imperialist Pig English Style IPA

6.5% Alc/Vol | 63 IBU’s | 1.064 Original Gravity

Reminiscent of the beers shipped to India from England in the 1800′s. Heavily hopped with five separate additions of American Amarillo, Citra & Cascade hops. This IPA leaves you wanting more.

BJCP:

14A. English IPA
Ingredients: ...English hops...
IBUs: 40 – 60

I tried it. Tastes like a fairly typical American IPA. It was good beer, though, so I wasn't about to raise a stink about it.

Or maybe it's just this:

Shouldn't this be in the "You know you're an E.A.C. when....?" ;)

:D

When it's colder than a polar bear's bumm outside & you're fresh outta beer. And those home brews have been in bottles 11 days,& the flintstone fridge chills'em down in no time flat when it's 14F or lower outside this evening. Time for some NZ hoppy beer!

When adding hot water to your instant oatmeal/muesli combo, you stir well to avoid clumps...and then it occurs to you that you are mashing in your breakfast. Yeah, that just happened.

When you drunkenly over pour a beer that overflows and consider sanitizing the outside of the glass or racking to another glass.

When you can't finish a beer you poured yourself before you have to leave your home so you carefully pour it back into its bottle, re-cap it, and place in fridge, then hop online to write about it on some Internet forum.

When PM starts getting good to you,you're out of fermenters,& you've got more stuff coming in. not to mention having to wait till bottling day to wash the yeast for the new batch.

you look at dry pasta.
you start pondering gelatinization temperature and diastatic power needed.
You ponder if you really want to sink this low.

When your time in the bathroom triples because you're stuck reading the latest threads on the HBT app.

When your friends come over with their kids and you run out of chairs at the kids table, then pull out 6 kettles.

Conical fermenters, temp controllers, plate chillers.... all seem like a reasonable alternative to buying beer.

You wonder why Glade air freshener doesn't come in Cascade, Centennial, Simcoe, Citra.....

+1 if you are convinced you can ID them.

The power goes out and the first thing you think of is your fermentation chamber.

Back