Cleaning beer bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a ton of threads on here about it...basically a lot of us soak our bottles in oxyclean over night (it also gets rid of labels) then rinse them...

I use the jet bottle and carboy rinser for that..

drawing.gif

I haven't used my bottle brush since my very first batch...

revvy and his volumptious bow are right. Use the search function not only here but all thruout the web.

I don't scrub either. Yet again I don't drink out of the bottles. I rinse them soon after poring. Air dry upside down and rinse with starsan before bottling. Nexttime ill probably upgrade to the sanitation cycle on the dishwasher.

Yea all i do is right after i pour the glass i run it through with hot water. Then when i go to bottle my batches i just jet wash them, then dunk the bottles in star san and thats it, nothing more.

I rinse 2-3 times immediately after pouring, then let air-dry upside down.

On bottling day, I re-rinse the bottles 2-3 times since I do not store them inverted. Then I run them through the dishwasher w/o soap etc. and bottle right out of the dishwasher.

There's a ton of threads on here about it...basically a lot of us soak our bottles in oxyclean over night (it also gets rid of labels) then rinse them...

I use the jet bottle and carboy rinser for that..

drawing.gif

I haven't used my bottle brush since my very first batch...

Second this... How I also do it was worth the 12$ for the bottle washer

I do a 2 stage soak, and a rinse.

1) a few scoops of oxyclean to large cooler of warm h20 to remove labels, let air dry
2) bleach water in 2nd large cooler. drain bottles and "cap" with aluminum foil. store until ready to use.
(Do not rinse until ready to use. I have stored these bleached bottles for sevearl months before use)
3) Rinse with hot tap water from jet bottle rinser.

I have my next two batches of bottles bleached and ready to go. just need to give them a rinse before using.

If residue is still in the bottom is bottle after oxyclean soak bottle gets tossed, no point in scrubbing. I've recently had some stubborn labels, they also got tossed. I have a good supply of bottles... not worth my time to scrub.

Back