NB airation kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aschecte

Brewtus Maximus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Wanted to see if anyone has used this northern brewer airation kit. I was contemplatin getting this as shaking the Carboy is a pita and I never know if it's aerated enough even though I always attenuate and don't really have off flavors.

Revvy said:
I didn't get mine from them, but I've been using a stone/red o2 bottle aeration setup for 5 years or so. I wouldn't do it any other way.

Thanks for the reply revvy your advise is always appreciated ! So it sounds like your using a bottle of pure O2 is his correct ? The NB kit utilizes a high pressure "aquarium pump" and a hepa filter and uses the room air for a run time of 30 minutes. That's why I question if anyone else has used this with positive results.

I bought one from NB years ago and have used it a long time with no issues. I get a new filter annually which costs very little. My beer has been great and between the starter and good aeration, takes off quickly!

Back