Hello from Central Illinois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vitae_drinker

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. I'm a relatively new brewer from Bloomington, IL. I got started in beer brewing several years ago with a Mr. Beer kit. After two batches of that (the first was pretty good, the second not so much), I (with some push from some family members) have started up again. I have recently started into the Brewer's Best kits, the first is currently bottle conditioning in my basement (a Scottish Ale), and I brewed up a Robust Porter on Saturday. I'm currently waiting on trying out my Scottish Ale in about 10 days, which will have given it two weeks to condition.

Just wanted to say hi, and wondered how many others are here from the central Illinois area.

:tank:

Hello to you from central Illinois, from central Illinois (Peoria)

I think you will like the porter, mine turned out great

I'd actually really like to go to meetings and such if for no other reason to get some advice from experienced individuals. But working 2:45 to 11:00 Sunday through Thursday kinda puts a damper on that.

Hmm, well if you want to make a trip to somethings brewing in Galesburg they have clubmeetings. I believe they have their meetings on Sunday, there's also a club in campaign but I have no idea when they meet.

Back