Freezer for a cooler?? (keezer question)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lakedawgs

Reaction score
I have searched the old threads and there are tons of keezer related threads but no luck.

Simple question.
Why, if you use a freezer for a keezer build, does your keg not freeze?? What am I missing?
Thanks
Lakedawgs

You have to buy an external temp controller. You plug the controller into the wall and then plug the freezer into the controller. Set the controller to desired temp and it cuts power to the freezer at that temp. There is a probe from the controller that hangs inside the freezer.

A temp controller. It shuts the keezer off at your set temperature before it drops to low. If it warms back up, the temp controller turns your keezer back on until the temperature gets back down to what you set it at. Similar to the thermostat for your home AC.

The temp controller plugs into the wall, and you plug your keezers power plug into the temp controller.

Cool, thanks much.
Figure I will get a couple of brews under my belt before I start building.
Thanks again,
Lakedawgs

Expose yourself and research about kegging, carbing, and the system itself. For me, building the keezer will be the easy part. For some reason I feel less confident in the guts of the keezer... electrical, the tubing, making sure there are no leaks, the gauges, etc. One of the main reason I came to the forum a few months ago was to learn more about building a keezer.

Latest posts

Back