My First BIAB Stand Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WE are online and taking orders download the plan that you been waiting for!!!!!

http://www.biabstands.com/

and Facebook

Is it possible to get a few screen shots of the inside of the manual? Perhaps an example of some of the assembly instructions and/or tools list? I'd like to see what I'm getting into to make sure I have it or can borrow it. Thanks!

Is it possible to get a few screen shots of the inside of the manual? Perhaps an example of some of the assembly instructions and/or tools list? I'd like to see what I'm getting into to make sure I have it or can borrow it. Thanks!

Hope this help you these are pics from the book the photos in this thread is each model the plans are written for both welded and bolt together. We are making a video series as well.

BIABStANDS MD-1.jpg

leg Bolt only.jpg

MD-3 Proofed Legs 1.jpg

Lift welded unwelded.jpg

20150725_134351.jpg

20150725_115907.jpg

20150725_123138.jpg

Just downloaded mine. Great plans and thorough description of the process!

I am going to send you a PM with my email address, I have some thoughts on improvements from a user's side, but even as-is these are a great help. I'm happy to support the (wives of) the community.

-Ben

Hey everybody we have a Facebook page so come visit often we are going to do videos and updates to the plans there as well as on the site. Come join the family :rockin:

WE are online and taking orders download the plan that you been waiting for!!!!!

Congrats, I hope your hard work pays off. One suggestion I have for your website is that each of the plans should list out the tools you need to have. I think a lot of people might be scared to buy the plans, thinking they won't have the tools/skill to actually build it.

Good luck! :mug:

Congrats, I hope your hard work pays off. One suggestion I have for your website is that each of the plans should list out the tools you need to have. I think a lot of people might be scared to buy the plans, thinking they won't have the tools/skill to actually build it.

Good luck! :mug:

Ah ha! This is exactly what I was thinking. I saw a picture of tools a few posts ago and thought "Gosh, I don't have all that."

Well hopefully the kits will be done soon I know I am trying for the model 3 series to be first even it it is by special order trying for Christmas. I can say that a hammer, #3 Philip screw driver, and 7/16" open and box wrench will be needed for the kit and whatever you need for the metal covering in the shelf and table top. I used snips and no mar (rubber) hammer I know I am going to make a how to video on covering the wood.

MD-3 1.jpg

Well build from the store about 238 more for the larger ones not that much more .. take off about 75 with bed frames. working on lessen the cost by bulk buys so far better on the hardware. So I am building another stand Model-1b this one I am pod casting. My goal is to have Model 3 kit and a Model 1b kit by Christmas.

I just updated Biabstands.com plans to include metric drawings and corrected some of the titles in the plans. I also added pages to the individual products page to give more information hope this helps. Still working on the shopping list I will add that to the manual very soon. If you buy the plans you will get a update by email so you can download the new revised plan.

I been thinking about adding kits as soon as possible one is the parts for the lift system and or a kit for the whole thing. Also a cheap plans like 5 bucks just for the lift system what do y'all think? Sorry I'm from the south. :confused:

WOW I cant believe we hit 10,200 views thank you so much for the support.To celebrate I am releasing a video pod cast series to help build these stands. I hope it helps anyone that is building one.Also I am going to build Mighty Mite BIAB. Would like ideas of what paint color. The design is done but a lot of additional add on and improvements. Mighty Might is super small ideal for apartment living and it will be bolt together.

mighty mite.jpg

WOW I cant believe we hit 10,200 views thank you so much for the support.To celebrate I am releasing a video pod cast series to help build these stands. I hope it helps anyone that is building one.Also I am going to build Mighty Mite BIAB. Would like ideas of what paint color. The design is done but a lot of additional add on and improvements. Mighty Might is super small ideal for apartment living and it will be bolt together.

I think one thing to consider with apartment dwellers is that they oftentimes brew indoors. I'd suggest an option for the Mighty Mite that supports eBIAB. Seems like it'd be as simple as putting a wooden top on it instead of installing a burner.

Sorry if this feedback is a little late to the game. Either way, the concept of an apartment sized stand is great.

Well things did not work out the way I was hoping. So we have a new plan the Model 3 and Model 1 b series will be available at Christmas. The new plan is I will be making the kits and shipping them. I started making the jig today will be done next weekend, The Video is still being done so if you are making a mini mite I did take time to to work on the workbook that goes with the videos and will also start making the videos. I know you got a lot of questions just PM or just post. and Thanks for hanging in there...

Cutting Table welding jig.jpg

mighty mite.jpg

Had a great day yesterday finished the build jig ready to start making kits and finished the mini might brewstand workbook so the video series one will be on the way soon.

20150920_123405.jpg

20150920_123421.jpg

Wow, I like the look of the mighty mite. Going to check out your site when I get a chance. I am working on my keggle build to start BIAB and this looks great for me!

It fits a keggle very well I am sure you will enjoy building this stand. The workbook will be free you get to do your own dimensions.

Mini Mite How to Web series.jpg

great day made demos for the videos and brew days . Here is the biabstands lift system bolt together plates.

20150925_150247[1].jpg

20150925_150300[1].jpg

I finally finished the video for the biabstands.com web site. Going to up load mini mite biabstand.com booklet this week and star shooting video seines #1 this weekend. Please comment and join our new Facebook page too

Last edited by a moderator:
Its complete the mini mite biabstands.com web series booklet and its free. Now remember this is a follow along instructions booklet not complete plans. I figure I give my Home brew talk friends a first look while I start shooting the video. First video will be ready and online in 2 weeks or sooner. You can ask questions here or on our Facebook page. So relax build and comment I have been really enjoy every ones input. If changes need to be made let me know. :mug:

http://www.biabstands.com/products/mini-mite-build-web-series-made-easyseries-made-easy

I just did do a dry run on the mini might download it is working fine you have to go through the billing process name etc but no credit card do not go to Pay Pal check out. If you like pm or contact me on the site with email address and ill email you a copy.:tank:

for mini mite download go to www.biabstands.com
John biabstands.com owner

We start taping first thing tomorrow morning early. So get your booklet the videos will be coming fast now. Also The Mini Mite build will have its own Home brew talk forum going to start it tonight. Enjoy:rockin:

20151009_170819[1].jpg

Uh oh Huston we have a problem. Try to upload video 1 and it too big have to split it in half so look for 1a and 1b will be upload by mid week

Uh oh Huston we have a problem. Try to upload video 1 and it too big have to split it in half so look for 1a and 1b will be upload by mid week

Google how to upload longer videos on YouTube. There are a few steps to take but it's easy. You might try it. It's just a free verification system.

As a helpful suggestion - You should probably post a link in this thread to the new forum or posts for easy reference.

Thanks for the advise. Here is the first in Series mini Might Build You tube video for the Mini Mite stand build. Please comment and visit us on Facebook (biabstands.com) and here. :ban:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAw1ia5V-Jk[/ame]

Was heading this route, but a friend came up with a couple surplus a/v carts.

Still in progress, but the frames are together.

20151017_162057.jpg

20151017_162135.jpg

20151017_162200.jpg

20151017_162230.jpg

Down with the flu but I still try to keep y'all going. Here are some pics of the jigging and bottom assembled also some additional optional pieces only remaining parts is the shelf, paint lift system and a good brew day. As soon as I get better ill start filming Video 3 and 4.

20151025_085307.jpg

20151030_101506.jpg

20151030_101549.jpg

20151030_103327.jpg

20151030_124643.jpg

20151030_124657.jpg

20151030_124719.jpg

20151030_154542.jpg

20151030_171038.jpg

Here is where we are today. I also primed all the parts and going to reassemble the stand tomorrow for final fit and paint.

20151031_104926.jpg

20151031_111848.jpg

20151031_105737.jpg

Latest posts

Back