copper sparge arm for keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lumpher

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
my turn to ask: i finally got my 3 keg system going. been using 2 kegs and a cooler for a long time, but finally got the final keg cut, false bottom put in, etc. i even used it in my last brew. i'm going to get the 2-tier system tomorrow. i've been batch sparging, but looking to fly sparge. i know how to sweat copper pipe, so here's the question: i know there are threads here on how to build a 4-way copper sparge arm for a keggle, but i can't find it. does someone have the link? does anyone even have ideas?

This is what I use and it works beautifully. Some left over copper with a 1/2" fitting sweated on that screws into the inlet bung. I drilled 20 or so holes in it and coiled it downward to maintain an even distribution and flow. Doesn't get much easier and is easy to install/remove for cleaning.

30929405.jpg

I made it from a shaft coupling (McMaster #2424K15), thumbscrew (McMaster #91746A437) and a stainless flat (McMaster #1421T11) that was bent and drilled as needed. The shaft coupling had to be bored out bigger to fit the copper pipe fitting that I ground the hex off of. I also had to drill and tap the hole for the thumbscrew. Click on the thumbnails below:

Back