Re-using baby food jars?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jppostKW

Reaction score
I just recently started canning starter wort i have pints, half pints and 15 ml vials all canned i step up from slants, i am looking for a size between the vials and half pints. small baby food jars seem like the perfect size. I was curious whether or not i get the baby food jars to seal after pressure canning them? Does any one else reuse if so how does it work.

I think if you use a pressre canner to seal them you'll have to remove the lids with a can opener...which will destroy them.

I used baby food jars for a couple of years before I built up a collection (over 70) of White Lab yeast vials. ;)

I think if you use a pressre canner to seal them you'll have to remove the lids with a can opener...which will destroy them.

I used baby food jars for a couple of years before I built up a collection (over 70) of White Lab yeast vials. ;)

do you autoclave the vials?

Back