Iphone app for brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This should probably be in Brewing Software rather than Equipment, but...

BrewPal, Beer Alchemy, and iBrewMaster are all well liked.

BrewPal is very cheap, but the interface never quite sold me.
Beer Alchemy is nice because it syncs with the Mac app, if that is relevant to you.
I use iBrewMaster (though usually for the iPad rather than the iPhone). I really like it. Great interface, powerful, easy to use...

Just to add a bit: I use and like brewpal for quick one off recipe futzing on the subway. Considering it costs as much as a pack of skittles, it's hard to see it as a bad purchase. iBrewmaster does a much better job of managing recipes and batches, though. If you specify a bit more what you are looking for, we might be able to give you better advice.

I use my iPhone for most things, so I was curious if there was a consensus on the best app for overall management. I have BrewPal, and it's okay but working with multiple batches is a problem. I bought My Brew last night, and it is not the solution for me.

I suppose I'm just looking for software to track batch ingredients, data and progress. I use Mac, so what software is best?

Sorry for the wrong location for this thread. I posted this on my iPhone and did not see the software category all the way down at the bottom.

Thanks!

I have Beer Alchemy on my iPad and like it so far. Allows for tracking of inventory and updating individual batches as fermentation/conditioning progresses. Interface is nice. Only downfall is I would like timers for brew day.

I use my iPhone for most things, so I was curious if there was a consensus on the best app for overall management. I have BrewPal, and it's okay but working with multiple batches is a problem. I bought My Brew last night, and it is not the solution for me.

I suppose I'm just looking for software to track batch ingredients, data and progress. I use Mac, so what software is best?

Sorry for the wrong location for this thread. I posted this on my iPhone and did not see the software category all the way down at the bottom.

Thanks!

Beer Alchemy might be a good fit for you. I slightly prefer the interface of iBrewMaster, but Beer Alchemy is the only one of the bunch (to my knowledge) that does ingredient inventory tracking. Plus, if you are on a mac, the sync to the desktop software is a nice feature.

+1 for the iBrewmaster I've been using it on my iPhone for over a year and love the interface. They also do constant updates to make a better product.

BrewPal has some handy tools, but it was not really what I was looking for. It does have some interesting things and I can't fault the price. It is worth a buck. For that, its worth the download.

I don't use my iPhone for recipe formulation and BrewPal is more focused on that. I just wanted a simple tool for converting things like IBU calcs, refractometer readings, etc. BrewMath had pretty much what I needed with respect to those calculators.

I have Beer Alchemy on my iPad and like it so far. Allows for tracking of inventory and updating individual batches as fermentation/conditioning progresses. Interface is nice. Only downfall is I would like timers for brew day.

My Brew was just updated. It includes the ability to set multiple brew timers. It can also add entries into your iPhone calendar with reminders.
iTunes Link

BrewPal has some handy tools, but it was not really what I was looking for. It does have some interesting things and I can't fault the price. It is worth a buck. For that, its worth the download.

I don't use my iPhone for recipe formulation and BrewPal is more focused on that. I just wanted a simple tool for converting things like IBU calcs, refractometer readings, etc. BrewMath had pretty much what I needed with respect to those calculators.

Brewpal does do that stuff though. If you don't want to use it to formulate recipes then just import the beer xml to the app. You will see the ibu's. On the bottom tab if you go to "more" there is a gravity calculator you can input SG and FG and the temps and it will tell you the abv. There is an srm chart there too. There is a free app that they make called spargepal for figuring strike temps. For efficiency I go to the brewer's friend website and I have created an icon on my sprongboard for quick assess. I just use the stop watch on the iPhone for a timer.

Latest posts

Back