Granite Top for kegerator - couldn't say no. :-o

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipatch

Reaction score
Well, a friend of mine stopped by the other day, and took a look at the kegerator. He said he could make a granite top for it. At first I thought it would look super whiskey tango, so I was opposed to the idea, but right around Christmas time I had some extra cash (go figure) and decided to green light the project. Needless to say, the project has turned out pretty well. It has taken a little bit longer than expected, but its not like I have a brew to be tapped, so I am not in a complete hurry, and I would prefer the extra wait time knowing that I am going to have a solid, clean, and finished product.

So here are some pics I took with my iPhone SLR :cross: I will try and get a better picture up here with better lighting, and I still need to add more silicon to the cracks, and then remove the silicon to give a super clean/finished look. Also I might add another clear coat to the wood. All in all, I am super impressed with how it has turned out so far.

Here are some pics, enjoy :D

granite01_800x.jpg

granite02_800x.jpg

granite03_800x.jpg

granite04_800x.jpg

granite05_800x-e1295811239474.jpg

GO BEARS! :rockin:

Looks great! The dark wood and the stainless door pulls add a nice touch.

I used an ebony wood stain/finish, and applied 5 coats to the dark red wood to give it a "black" look to help match the natural finish of the kegerator. Appreciate the praise :)

Back