Favorite Domestic Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Corona qualify as a domestic beer? Wouldn't the fact that it is imported from Mexico classify it as an import?

Oh, and at the moment Bell's Hopslam :mug:

If by "domestic" you mean "North American macro-brew", then my current fav is PBR, followed closely by Bud Select.

If by "domestic", you mean anything currently made in North America, then probably have to go with Rogue Dead Guy, Bell's Hopslam, DFH 90, and Sam Adams Boston Lager, in that order. :)

Mass-produced? At the moment it's Yeungleng Porter.

If you mean craft, I can't name just one. :D

I had a Yuengling Bock last Saturday at the Philly beer fest. Very nice brew.

My favorite at the fest was "Hopsolutely" by the Fegley's Brew works in Allentown/Bethlehem. I must have gone back 4 times for more.

Lately It's been Kiltlifter by Four Peaks, and Iron Thistle by Rahr Brewing. I guess I'm on a bit of a Scotch Ale kick.
O-and you should give Boulevard's Irish Ale a try.

Does Corona qualify as a domestic beer? Wouldn't the fact that it is imported from Mexico classify it as an import?

Oh, and at the moment Bell's Hopslam :mug:

+1 Bell's Hopslam is awesome. Currently my favorite...

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is the granddaddy. Maybe spawned this whole hobby. There is a reason the most popular yeast is Chico. But that aside, Southern Tier IPA is probably the one I'd pick if I had to pick one.

As an aside, I find that if I rotate between a few brands and styles, they all taste better. Drinking the same one over and over numbs the taste buds or something.

Logics definition of DOmestic or the bars?

Bars - Good ole Miller Lite (You said Domestic not "Premium" :D)
Logic - Depends on my mood. A nice non-over-bitter Pale Ale is always good anytime.

Sam Adams hands down...... If I want to consume in mass consumption however, keystone light all the way ;)

My favorite domestic fizzy yellow beer is Budweiser.

My favorite beer made in the US is probably Three Floyds Behemoth. It's hard to say though really. We're spoilt for choice in the states... Not that I'm complaining ;)

This could be an interesting question. To be domestic it must be local to your home country....

Since we got members all over the globe this could bring up some new stuff to some...

Cool

Sweetwater 420

Side Note: I'm assuming homebrew don't count in this discussion.

Think Globally, Drink Locally.

National Bohemian FTW!!

boh-face1.jpg

My favorite true domestic is PBR.

Premium Domestic would be Sam Adams and favorite Craft beer would be Rouge Mocha Porter.

I'm kinda surprised no one has listed their homebrew yet.....technincally speaking all homebrew would be "domestic" :D

I'm kind of surprised at all the PBR love. Definitely my favorite macro brew.

I remember Consumer Reports about 15 years ago did a blind taste test and Old Millwaukee won out... It does have a classic "beer" taste...

Now, I didn't think this would happen to me, but I'm liking Kona's fire rock ale.
Only now I know what Hops taste like! and it's not bitter???!!! OMG I'M TURNING INTO A HOPHEAD!!!

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Torpedo are kind of my standards.

My favorites though, Stone Ruination IPA and Stone's Arrogant Bastards.

For a mass brewed beer I like leinenkugels creamy dark or Bells Oberon ale. If I have to stoop to cheap swill I gotta say Strohs. Good stuff since they went back to the origional formula.

He lives in Arizona. He walks to Nogales to have a Corona, so it's domestic then. :D

I could let that go if he is from Tucson (go Wildcats!!! Tucson is my home town), but Phoenix, that's a long, hot walk:D

side note: I wonder how long before this gets deleted for being "off topic nonsense" hahahaha

Their Celebration is my favorite they make. Perhaps he was referring to the Torpedo, though?

Everyday beer: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (The GOLD standard of pale ales)

9 innings of Giant's Baseball: Full Sail Session Lager (great biscuit/peach/citrus flavor).

I had a Yuengling Bock last Saturday at the Philly beer fest. Very nice brew.

My favorite at the fest was "Hopsolutely" by the Fegley's Brew works in Allentown/Bethlehem. I must have gone back 4 times for more.

Unfortunately couldn't make the fest. How was it???

Favorites:
Super huge: Budweiser
Less Huge: Yeungling Lager (I'm related (my grandmother was a Yeungling) so I gotta include them)
Crafters: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Local: Victory Hop Devil, Prima Pils

Budweiser in a Tavern playing pool or pinball.

The current IPA or Pale in a Brew Pub.

Crater Lake's Pine Martin Pale Ale at the Pub is a daily standard along with a Bud or 2 at the Tavern near home.

Then it's HomeBrew, Sierra Nevada, or HUB's Organic IPA at home.

There really is no need for anything else for me.

Another vote for SNPA. You just can't go wrong with it.

My other go-to is Brooklyn Lager. IMHO, it blows Sam Adams away. Come to think of it, everything out of the Brooklyn Brewery is a-one.

Back