What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Banh Mi sounds delicious right now. There's a place in the Eden Center (in Falls Church VA, worth a trip if you like Vietnamese food) that makes the best Banh Mi I've had, and it's very cheap.

Which place is your go-to for banh mi in Eden Center? Best pho place there, in your opinion?

I must've got a fresh one because I thought it was great but then again I think torpedo is good so what do I know? :D

oh, come on man! haha I even admitting to liking the one I had the next night. I cant help if a guy hands me an old IPA and I didnt enjoy it. :cross:

Done with Coff.

On to beer.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390316015.902677.jpg

Done moving wood into the house. It started snowing 30 min ago. The head on my beer froze around the edges.

Having an orange/carrot juice before diving into more beer.

3" already? Jeez.

We have about .5" so far and it's been snowing for 2.5 hrs more or less. The biggest accumulations will come around 5-7 p.m.

Having a water and ground turkey tacos.

I go to Bahn Mi DC all the time. Easy in & out, plus other tasty treats.

Water at the gym.

I've actually never been to that one.

Which place is your go-to for banh mi in Eden Center? Best pho place there, in your opinion?

I like Song Que's Banh Mi. I don't remember if I've had any Pho from anywhere in Eden Center, but I definitely should.

This is a good one, too.
View attachment 173819I don't understand the ratings on ratebeer. Dry dock makes some good beers.

Looks like someone found the Dry Dock sampler 12 pack. :)

I agree, their stuff is good. Great atmosphere for a brewery and they are attached to a home brew store, if you are ever in the Denver area. They have some bomber only releases that are good also. Particularly like their vanilla porter.

Edit: dry dock does not draw in the hipster crowd, could explain their low ratings

I agree, their stuff is good. Great atmosphere for a brewery and they are attached to a home brew store, if you are ever in the Denver area. They have some bomber only releases that are good also. Particularly like their vanilla porter.

Edit: dry dock does not draw in the hipster crowd, could explain their low ratings

I have been waiting to drink that one but I dont think I can hold off any longer. Might have to kill it tonight.

Yeah, my parents actually picked it up for me when they were in Denver. Everything is pretty good. The apricot beer wasn't my favorite, but it was good for what it is.

I've been to the brewery and home brew shop and you're right, the vanilla porter is awesome. I wish it came in the sampler pack.

He was saying their low ratings are because of hipsters.

Oh ok. Yeah, I don't get the 30-40 ratings, the beers are good. Nothing spectacular, but good.

I have been waiting to drink that one but I dont think I can hold off any longer. Might have to kill it tonight.

I would drink it sooner than later. The vanilla compliments the beer very well.

I'm having the hop abomination now. It's a decent IPA.

IMAG1085.jpg

Pho? Perfect day for some. Two of my favorites are Pho Sate in Falls Church, VA and Unphogettable in Mesa, AZ.

I'm gonna have to find and go to Unphogettable since I live in Mesa, according to Google it is about 1.5 miles from my place. Thanks for the heads up! There are a bunch of little asian markets and restraunts all around me...

Yeah, my parents actually picked it up for me when they were in Denver. Everything is pretty good. The apricot beer wasn't my favorite, but it was good for what it is.

I've been to the brewery and home brew shop and you're right, the vanilla porter is awesome. I wish it came in the sampler pack.

Oh ok. Yeah, I don't get the 30-40 ratings, the beers are good. Nothing spectacular, but good.
All this talk of dry dock is making me thirsty.

Might drink my lunch there tomorrow. :) Got a meeting this afternoon. :(

I'm gonna have to find and go to Unphogettable since I live in Mesa, according to Google it is about 1.5 miles from my place. Thanks for the heads up! There are a bunch of little asian markets and restraunts all around me...

Do it,man! It is in some sort of mall and looks like a nicer pho place than you would expect, but the food is amazing. Some of the best pho places I've been to look run-down, like much of the great barbecue places I've been to in Texas, but the food is fantastic.

Will do. I could get used to this!

As long as you can keep it together during meetings, you're good. I tend to think a lot better (at least I tell myself that) and come up with better ideas after a brew or two.

My wife has finally finished one of my beers - my Warrior Pale Ale w/Conan. She typically hates all types of beer. Snooty wine drinkers.

beer.jpg

All this talk of pho and banh mi made me go out and get some for lunch. Was thinking pho, but went banh mi in the end. The place was out of pate (grr), so the traditional version was out, but their version with short ribs and kimchi was pretty darn good.

No pic, sorry.

All this talk of pho and banh mi made me go out and get some for lunch. Was thinking pho, but went banh mi in the end. The place was out of pate (grr), so the traditional version was out, but their version with short ribs and kimchi was pretty darn good.

No pic, sorry.

I wish I had Pho right now. Closest place is in Bridgeport which is about 30 miles from me. It's a traditional spot, the women there barely speak English. I love their food.

Latest posts

Back