woking dish washer into?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotts

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this but i just recived 5 used but working dish washers and want some ideas of what i can salvage from them and what i could make. Anyone got any?

About 30min south of Sacramento ca i was thinking pump and heating element could be used maybe for bottle or keg washer

Well I think a keg washer is plausible.

If you cut a big old hole in the top, leave enough so the door still latches properly.
Take out the top rack and plug up the tubing for the upper washer arm.
Bottom rack could still be used to hold the keg if you cut some of the vertical plate holders and the center out.
Then take off the bottom washer arm off and put an extension on it to go up inside the keg.

Bingo Bango bongo 5 free keg washers all in a row!

I know a guy who has a dishwasher in his brew room. Sometimes I think I should have kept our old one and done the same thing.

If nothing else, you could use it to clean barware (no rinse aid) and/or steam sanitize bottles for bottling.

If you scrap them, the only thing of real value is the pump motor, but it isn't much.

They are great for general cleaning, anything from sneakers to engine parts (properly degreased, of course) to bottles/kegs, buckets, etc.

Depending on what type they are and how much of a tinkerer you are you might expect:
  1. Switches
  2. Motors
  3. Fans
  4. Pumps - NOT food grade
  5. Heating elements
  6. Temp sensors
  7. Relays
  8. Power supplies

and more. If they have stainless steel tubs that is worth money scrapping. If they are higher end units you might part them out and sell on Ebay.

What can you do with all this? Coolant recirc for a CFWC. Sous vide machine. Fermentation chamber temp control.

Do a google or youtube search for "dishwasher hack" or some such wording.

Latest posts

Back