What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another Night Tripper before leaving my happy place! Tons of great beer to be had once I get home wooooooo¡!!!!!!!!!!!

1394585540082.jpg

ty, you could always come out to rural MN & weld with me... just sayin'. I feel like I'm the only beer dork in a 50 mile radius.

another of my Lower Brow.

You would have to teach me the ways of burnin metal, my friend. Last (only) time I had a date with a TIG welder, I melted everything. Most of my problem was that I had a poor "instructor". I knew he wasn't telling me to do it right, but since we're friends, I just acted like I was a complete idiot.

Sent from my GameBoy using Super Mario Bros. 3

I was at the in-laws' house for my daughter's birthday party and found a bottle of my first dry stout! I thought these were long gone. Brewed in November of last year. It's as good as I last remember it...maybe slightly better. It would benefit from a little more body; otherwise, it's not bad at all.

DSC04325.jpg

You would have to teach me the ways of burnin metal, my friend. Last (only) time I had a date with a TIG welder, I melted everything. Most of my problem was that I had a poor "instructor". I knew he wasn't telling me to do it right, but since we're friends, I just acted like I was a complete idiot.

no TIG, no stick, just pounding wire! though I could teach you the ins & outs of most stick welding!:rockin:

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394586635.576980.jpg
Hammerhead clone, all cascade and 3 oz dry hop cascade! So good, get citrus, hint of blueberry, damn awesome on a sunny day in PDX!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Jamil's 70/-

Only 2 weeks in keg and this thing is already really good. It's got a gorgeous red tinge to it:
70 red.jpg

It already laces pretty well and it's still young. I need to wait a couple more weeks for it to fall clear.
70 done.jpg

Couple 2yr old homebrews Golden Tap Gem (Gold malt extract Pacific Gem hops partial mash) not bad but was terrible at first maybe cuz of my Tap water I used and used only once- I would call the style kind of a copper ale, and had an Amber with a variety of 11 grains partial mash and very good still-oxygen caps work well. Pretty much R/O water and a little gypsum-worked well in that. Pretty much going with R/O water cut with some Spring water or not, and with a bit of brew salts for ph for my beers from here on.

no TIG, no stick, just pounding wire! though I could teach you the ins & outs of most stick welding!:rockin:

Weirdly enough, most of what they do at my company is MIG and yet I've never touched it. Only reason I had a TIG torch in my paws were because my buddy was welding my keggle and since I expressed interest, he said he'd "teach" me. I need proper instruction! I have the book smarts, but no practical experience except that one time.

Water.

Just opened the closet where I have Dave37's robust porter and my. It brown both fermenting away. Smells like heaven.

There are six beers fermenting in my house right now. I've got a problem. :D

You talked me into a Chub, good stuff!
Anyone have any experience with pet insurance? Considering insuring the new pup, the damn vet isn't getting any cheaper.

You won't regret it. I didn't like my first one because of what I had been previously drinking. Every other one I have had has been amazing.

Pet insurance? Well, like any insurance, be sure to read the fine print. Also look at what is and isn't covered and what your copay will be. It all depends on what you expect out of your pup. Is (s)he accident prone (and I'm not talking about on the carpet)?

Jamil's ordinary bitter. This is probably my favorite yet out of Brewing Classic Styles. Such a great beer, and I love the English yeast character
Bitter.jpg

Another thing I like about English yeast is how completely it drops out:
Bitter Clear.jpg

After seeing all the Old Chub being flaunted, I think that's next :D

Water.

Just opened the closet where I have Dave37's robust porter and my. It brown both fermenting away. Smells like heaven.

There are six beers fermenting in my house right now. I've got a problem. :D

I don't understand where the problem is?

So tonight I ended up having...

Dogfish Head Piercing Pils
Ommegang Hop House
Brouwerij St Bernardus Tripel
Blue Point Mosaic Session IPA
Local Option Bierwerker Morning Wood
Ommegang Game of Thrones - Take the Black Stout
Kona Koko Brown
Estaminet Premium Pils

It was a good night!

Jamil's ordinary bitter. This is probably my favorite yet out of Brewing Classic Styles. Such a great beer, and I love the English yeast character
View attachment 185248

Another thing I like about English yeast is how completely it drops out:
View attachment 185247

After seeing all the Old Chub being flaunted, I think that's next :D

That looks great, what did you use to clear it?

My problem is my eyes glaze over trying to read this crap and I don't know which to choose and that's before the fine print.

I used to defend contracts but not involving pets. I can maybe help with questions or picking a plan if you want. PM me and I'll be back on tomorrow. I haven't purchased for my dog but I'm about to. She's 3.5 and likely going to benefit from it.

Shake Chocolate Porter. Been in my fridge for a while. Eh, it's OK.
View attachment 185253

I love it and wish I could get it. I emailed the brewery for help with a recipe and they ignored me. I'll brew my own chocolate porter and probably forget about theirs in a heartbeat. I prefer breweries that at least want to share the basics. Clones to me are flattering to breweries but maybe I'm wrong and asking for help was a dbag move on my part.

That looks great, what did you use to clear it?

Thanks! Chilled it to 33, stirred it well with a stainless spoon till I had a nice whirlpool going in the keg then added 1 packet of Knox gelatin dissolved in 1 cup water, and left it at 33 for a week. I try to do that with all my beers that aren't dry hopped, and it has worked great for me so far.

Had to have the Old Chub after seeing such fine pours of it. I put about 1/3 oz of Fighting Cock bourbon into the bottom of the glass before pouring. This particular Fighting Cock had been sitting on 6oz of medium plus toast american oak cubes for a month. I'm in heaven!

Oak chub.jpg

Thanks! Chilled it to 33, stirred it well with a stainless spoon till I had a nice whirlpool going in the keg then added 1 packet of Knox gelatin dissolved in 1 cup water, and left it at 33 for a week. I try to do that with all my beers that aren't dry hopped, and it has worked great for me so far.

I bought gelatin but haven't gone for it yet, clear beer isn't anything I obsess over, as long as it tastes good or better. Can't tell if it's clear when you can't see:mug:

Back