2nd batch seems to have stopped bubbling - bit soon?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenmc

Reaction score
As the title says, the second batch I put down last friday seems to have stopped bubbling - only 5 days after I laid it down. Does this seem to be too soon? If so what if anything can i do to finish it off, or should I just rack it off to secondary and hope for the best? It's been beside a radiator all the time, but not on a heat mat. I was away for a couple of days but the girlf says it was definitely bubbling yesterday....
Cheers
Ken

Rack it and don't sweat it, pure and simple :) As long as it had active fermentation for the first few days, you can be sure that the yeast were doing there thing, and if you haven't changed anything (like cooling the fermenter a lot) there is no reason to think the yeast would have stopped till they were finished fermenting most everything they could.

Grand so thanks - thats my project for tomorrow night so :)
YEah - it's not moved or anything, and knowing my girlf if anything the house was a bit warmer with me away than here, so there was defo no cooling of the fermenter! Right so - secondary fermentation here I come! :)
Cheers and thanks for the quick reply.
Ken

Back