All About Brewing - New San Diego Home Brew Supply Store

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gremlyn

Reaction score
I wrote a review on our club's website: http://www.chugsd.com/2011/06/11/all-about-brewing-new-sd-home-brew-store/

Here is that review:
Hey all, I was notified this morning by a comment posted on one of our threads that there is a new home brew supply shop out in El Cajon, All About Brewing (website is forthcoming, just a placeholder for now). Being closer to me than Home Brew Mart is, I decided to go check it out. That was at 11am this morning, and I literally just got back from the trip! The owner, Jim, is a very friendly guy and is looking to do right by his customers, taking any suggestions for products they don’t currently have very seriously. They have quite a decent selection already, with most grains you could need and a motorised Barley Crusher to chew through it for you. There is also the expected cleaning and sanitising solutions, bags of DME at a quite reasonable $12-$13 for 3lbs, and a variety of racking/kegging/misc equipment that you might need.

I’m very excited to see how All About Brewing progresses, as I think they fill sorely needed LHBS gap out in East County, and they are quite literally right off the 8 Fwy on Johnson, right across from the mall so it’s easy to get to and find.I will most definitely be going back!

All in all, I definitely recommend anyone east of I-15 to go check it out, and everyone else even curious in San Diego as I think this store has some great potential. :mug:

I just got back from my first visit there. I didn't have a lot of time to spend there, but it seemed very well stocked. As the review said, most of what you need is probably going to be there. Overall prices were pretty darn good. Most of the grains, hops, and yeast were cheaper than that other place in town that most SD homebrewers tend to go to. There was also a lot of DIY equipment - a couple of keggles with welded fittings for probably half of what that other place would sell them for. Corny kegs were competitively priced with online retailers (wish I would have known that earlier), and I was even surprised to see a homemade stir plate - like what you would find on these forums... except the owner went to extra effort to make it look really nice and legit.

On the map I'm roughly equidistant from Homebrew Mart and AAB, but given what I saw today, I'm making the trip out to El Cajon unless I have reason otherwise.

Special note: What prompted me to go out there in the first place is that they were the only ones in town carrying chocolate wheat for my Dunkel recipe.

I've been back a few times since, bought grains, equipment, yeast, etc. If they don't have something I am looking for, Jim writes it down and it's usually there next time.

Latest posts

Back