What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoying a hop bursted rye IPA with some tangy special roast while waiting for my first attempt at brewing a lager to drop to pitching temps.

Apricot blonde from dry dock brewing. Gold medal at the GABF this year. Brewing an IPA with summit and cascade hops.

Easily one of my favorites.

image-1167466196.jpg

Budweiser Black Crown. Yeah, I know, it's a BMC beer, but I'm out of craft beer, and my Bitter still isn't ready. Now I remember why I stopped drinking BMC products.

jerryteague said:
Budweiser Black Crown. Yeah, I know, it's a BMC beer, but I'm out of craft beer, and my Bitter still isn't ready. Now I remember why I stopped drinking BMC products.

There were seriously no better options? You couldn't at least find some curdled milk, ditch water or urine?
;)

WesleyS said:
There were seriously no better options? You couldn't at least find some curdled milk, ditch water or urine?
;)

While Black Crown wouldn't be my first choice it is definitely a step in the right direction by them.

The Elysian's Nelson Savaunt ... I have to get some of those Hops for a brew ... So tropical.

WesleyS said:
;)

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I liked my bitter more though, even though it's still green. The store I bought it from didn't have a very good selection at all and here in Tulsa, crappy beer is all that's available on Sundays (liquor stores all closed, by law).

Said f@*& it. Drinking a Kolsch. One beer ain't gonna kill me if I keep away from the codeine until later in the evening (doc said to use it as needed and haven't needed it tonight anyway). And Nicorette too. That helps too.

^ Looks like Crystal Skull Vodka. I have an unopened bottle in the cabinet. Got it as a housewarming gift. I am thinking I need to drink it so I can fill the skull with something else haha

nice skull! Is that a cider you're drinking or something more exotic?

It's a crystal skull vodka bottle that I got for x-mas. The vodka wasn't that good, but the bottle is cool, so I fill it with this now. The drink is, 2 shots of grey goose, and a splash of roses lime over ice.

ForumRunner_20130310_203349.png

jerryteague said:
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I liked my bitter more though, even though it's still green. The store I bought it from didn't have a very good selection at all and here in Tulsa, crappy beer is all that's available on Sundays (liquor stores all closed, by law).

Yeah, I'm sure it's not that bad. I was just giving you a hard time.
Same law here in Texas. No liquor stores on Sunday. But luckily some grocery stores around here have beer sections that would put a lot of liquor stores' selections to shame.

Nuke's American stout. Nice roasted barley character and full body. Prost! :mug:

View attachment 106674

Glad you enjoyed. I don't remember if I told you, but the dark grains were cold steeped. Do you think it would have been better if they had been mashed or added at vorlauf?

The Godfather of the Black IPA

View attachment 106682

I thought I'd seen all the Smuttynose brews. I have a new mission.

Got myself an awesome haul today from Massachusetts. Had to crack open a Nugget Nectar and share the wealth with my MIL. So, so delicious. Now that I am home from the in-laws I am chilling down a Tröegs Perpetual IPA and having a Cascazilla while I wait.

Attachments

• 20130310_151018.jpg
    20130310_151018.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 20130310_184758.jpg
    20130310_184758.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 20130310_213100.jpg
    20130310_213100.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 150
Back