Beers that are new to me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayaBrew

Reaction score
I was out of town over the weekend, and I picked up a couple of six packs that I've heard of, but never tried before.

Tell me about Great Lakes Edmond Fitzgerald and Lagunitas IPA.

I've had Lagunitas IPA and found it to be OK, but nothing I'd go out of my way for. I prefer the Hop Stoopid. Never had the other beer, send us a couple and we can tell you how it is! LOL

enjoy

The Edmund Fitzgerald is one of my favorite porters. It's rich, dark, roasty, and full bodied. I love it! I haven't been able to get Great Lakes beers around here any more- the stores must have a different distributor or else the distributor no longer carrries Great Lakes. I like all of Great Lakes offerings- they make a wonderful APA called "Burning River" that is another favorite of mine, as well as an IPA called "Commodore Perry".

Ohiobrewtus posted an Edmund Fitzgerald clone recipe a while back, and it's really good!

It looks like the Lagunitas IPA uses mostly Willamette hops for late additions. I am looking forward to tasting the Willamettes in an IPA.

Yooper, I know you've said on many occasions that the Edmund was your favorite Porter. I can't wait to try it. I'll look into Ohiobrewtus' recipe. BTW, I like your name change!

+1 for Great Lakes Brewing. They do have delicous brews. I regularly have Edmund Fitz, and Commodore Perry. Edmund is a fantastic porter, definitely in my top 3 readily availably to me. ENJOY!

Back