Go Jim Zorn!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
In response to the thread that Evan! of one week ago posted, I wanted to offer up this succinct rebuttal.

Jim Zorn completely turned the team around this week. Not sure what he did in practice, but much of me thinks that it's due in large part to mostly abandoning his BS west coast scheme. Either way, I'll take it.

Evan!, you were wrong. Sorry, dude. Wrong.

Not just a win. They could have lost very easily and I still would be singing the same tune. They were a different team this week. Zorn did exactly what I asked of him, so I'm putting away my pitchforks and torches for now. :D Honestly, I could've dealt with a loss today, because the playcalling was 180 degrees from 12 days ago. They played great ball. Can't ask for more.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

I liked today's game, I was worried in the 3rd for a bit, but that went away really fast

A hot and steamy day -- 90 degrees at kickoff, hottest in FedEx Field history -- prompted Zorn to have sideline personnel hold up canvas sheets to help cool the players. He didn't want to use a more structured version he invented for practices (known as the "Z-shade") because NFL rules would have required the Redskins to supply one for the Saints as well. Some Saints players, including TE Jeremy Shockey, used IVs to stay hydrated.

ESPN - New Orleans vs. Washington - Recap - September 14, 2008

I like it. :mug: Zorn is a shrewd and crafty man.

i'll use this opportunity to start the fire romeo band wagon. total asswipe clock management in the last three minutes of the game.

That's what I get for not watching the fourth quarter. Everytime I turn off a Saints game, they fall the pieces.

Unfortunately I was bottling 3 batches & missed a majority of the game. <sob> I'll catch it on NFL replay.

Yeah, I was in the car on the way back from the beach, but I had the presence of mind to set DVR timers for the Hokies' and Skins' games before I left on Friday :D And that way, I don't have to watch commercials or halftime.

I don't wanna spoil anything for ya, but can anyone believe that last pass to Moss? I mean, holy sh*t! JC couldn't have thrown a better pass, and Moss could not have been any faster. That is why I love football right there. :rockin:

That's what I get for not watching the fourth quarter. Everytime I turn off a Saints game, they fall the pieces.

They didn't exactly fall to pieces, they played just about how they played the rest of the game, the Skins just stepped it up on both sides of the ball. They wanted it more. And to be completely fair, that rookie that got beat on that long pass to Moss had no chance. Santana is just too fast.

For all intents and purposes, the Saints shouldn't have had the lead to begin with. When you drive down to the red zone on your first four possessions and end up with 6 points to show for it, something's not right. If it weren't for Washington folding on those four possessions, it would've been blown out from the first quarter on.

You Redskin fans kill me. Today at work I saw 8 vehicles with brand new Redskin flags flying from the windows. None last week. Most fickle fans in the NFL.:drunk:

You Redskin fans kill me. Today at work I saw 8 vehicles with brand new Redskin flags flying from the windows. None last week. Most fickle fans in the NFL.:drunk:

:D

No doubt.

I always fly my flags, personally. Of course, there are weeks when I want to fire the coach or put out a hit on Snyder, but it's because I love the team so much. Even when they suck as bad as they did last week.

In response to the thread that Evan! of one week ago posted, I wanted to offer up this succinct rebuttal.
Jim Zorn completely turned the team around this week. Not sure what he did in practice, but much of me thinks that it's due in large part to mostly abandoning his BS west coast scheme. Either way, I'll take it.
Evan!, you were wrong. Sorry, dude. Wrong.

An old school Seahawks fan over here rooting for Coach Zorn.

I'm still amazed that we couldn't score more touchdowns, I could have used 2 more from Moss

I've only been a fan for a little over 15 years, I started late liking football

Honestly, if, after that pathetic loss to NY where I called for firing Zorn, you had told me that 4 weeks later, they would be 3-1 after beating Dallass in their house, I'd have simply laughed.

I've never seen a team turn around like they have since that loss (well, maybe...last year's skins in the final 5 games to make the playoffs...that was pretty good too :D). Really, I don't know what else to say but WOW.

I was gonna dig up the "Fire Zorn" post from several weeks ago. I'm glad to see you've recanted. Told ya..... Too many Auburn kids on that team to be bad!

Back