Brew Stand is finished

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockytoptim

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
After reading the https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/show-me-your-wood-brew-sculpture-rig-73794/ and getting lots of ideas I finally built my brew stand. Thanks to all the people that posted pictures of their wood brew stands. It will have to wait for spring for paint since its to cold in Detroit area for paint to dry outside.

BrewStand02.jpg

BrewStand01.jpg

To Gammon N Beer: Its propane. I have NG at the house and plan sometime in the future to get a professional to run gas line to my outdoor garage so I don't have to keep getting the propane tanks refilled.

To annasdadhockey: I got quite a bit of clearance from the burner to the surrounding wood. I did test fire for about 15 minutes today with some water in the keggle and I could put my hand on the nearby wood. It was warm to the touch but didn't burn me. I have a fire extinguisher in my garage just in case.

Nice job on the stand, certainly would not be difficult to tack some flashing around the firehole, or cement board?? Agreed, one would really have to be asleep at the switch for the stand to catch fire and become strucurally unsound.

To Gammon N Beer: Its propane. I have NG at the house and plan sometime in the future to get a professional to run gas line to my outdoor garage so I don't have to keep getting the propane tanks refilled.

To annasdadhockey: I got quite a bit of clearance from the burner to the surrounding wood. I did test fire for about 15 minutes today with some water in the keggle and I could put my hand on the nearby wood. It was warm to the touch but didn't burn me. I have a fire extinguisher in my garage just in case.

Very cool. I was just curious.

Latest posts

Back