Aluminum bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbbblaine

Reaction score
I have read previous threads about using aluminum bottles for bottling homebrew but found nothing as far as a possibly supplier or solution to this idea, hence this new thread.

I found that a company has some nice looking aluminum bottles for sale that might sell by the carton, but I have not contacted them yet to ask about minimum order and price.

http://www.aluminumbottles.com/resources/ElementalSpec_ATK31.pdf

I am thinking about getting a carton of the 19oz (550 ml) bottles for my homebrew. I will be trying to contact them today and post the answers to my questions in this thread.

In the mean time, has anybody else already looked into this company before?

Update:

I was just looking on their FAQ page and noticed that it states that their bottles are NOT designed for beverages.

Now my question becomes: Has anybody found an aluminum bottle supplier for beverages yet?

aluminum is not a good material to have in contact with beer (or soda, or any non-neutral-pH food products for that matter). all aluminum cans or bottles that contain food products are lined with plastic.

you could use budweiser aluminum cans, as some people do. you just have to keep in mind that they are twist off, so make sure they seal when you cap em.

and if the liner gets damaged, they should be thrown out. aluminum poisoning is no joke.

Back