How I spent My day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big_al_in_k-zoo

Reaction score
Randomly asked my uncle if he could weld, he said 'Yes, and what do I have in mind'?

Told him that I wanted to make a brewstand. He said he could, and has a plenty of steel for it in his shed! :ban:

And while talking, he brought up the fact that he was thinking about planting hops on his land. =) Like enough to sell to homebrew shops in the area. Yay! Free hops for me! Yet I digress......

Didn't get super much done, spent alot of time talking and describing what I want, and ran into a few equipment snags. This is going to be a two tier stand.

33xts1v.jpg

2m3queb.jpg

21bz7r.jpg

1zxoal3.jpg

2i0q2d4.jpg

I'm so excited! Of course all he wants in payment is BEER :D

Sounds like match made in heaven. Keep us posted with pics love to see the progress,
Thanks for the posting.
Rebeard5289

Here's some more shots of what we got done today
2uy3h1g.jpg

wisvhf.jpg

34qkcjk.jpg

Here's after I took an angle grinder to the welds
ddjfah.jpg

And up close
sobgrd.jpg

Here's a keg I threw on to test fit
4q1slh.jpg

Currently I'm renting, and my apt. has a deck/balcony that I'll keep this out on during the summer with a cover, but I wanted it to be "store-able" so we're only welding the three levels, then going to bolt the vertical support legs onto it.

Thanks for looking

Got it pieced together! YAY! Still a little things to do. Mount 2 burners, mount the pump and chiller. I need to buy some wheels for this bad boy.

55s64n.jpg

2ahi7pc.jpg

What do ya thinks?

i will now start all of my conversations between family and friends with the question do you know how to weld?

Latest posts

Back