Can't get a good pour without venting keg first.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasper

Reaction score
Hello I recently put together my first kegerator and have been struggling with a good pour. I've read up a lot on line balancing etc. I have 10 ft 3/16 id lines a perlick 525 faucet and i have my keezer set to 40 degrees. The beer has been set at 12 psi for about two weeks now.

The problem arises with the pour, it comes out so foamy, not fast just foam. im opening the faucet all the way mind you. But i've learned through trial and error that if i vent the keg first the first pour will pour like its supposed to, but the beer isn't super effervescent. I though 12 psi would give pretty good carbonation, it does form a head but not a lot of bubbles seem to rise through the liquid.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't think its normal to have to vent the keg for each and every pour.

I don't think its normal to have to vent the keg for each and every pour.

That would be correct.
And what a friggin' nightmare that'd be with a 6 tap tower style keezer :drunk:

Shut off the CO2 completely, vent the keg, remove the Out post and pull the dip tube under it. Check the O-ring under the flange. If that ring is missing or nicked it will allow CO2 in the keg head space to inject right into the beer stream at the Out post.

Sanitize everything before you re-assemble and you won't have any issues with contamination...

Cheers!

Back