Stick-on Thermometers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARV9673

Reaction score
I've been looking around for one of those chemical, stick-on, adhesive type thermometers and all I can find are Celius ones. Does anyone know a source for something I can stick to the side of my Primary that's in good ole Fahrenheit? Or should I bite the bullet and make the switch and be a NEW AGE MAN :)D ) and use this new-fangled Metric system?

ARV9673 said:
I've been looking around for one of those chemical, stick-on, adhesive type thermometers and all I can find are Celius ones. Does anyone know a source for something I can stick to the side of my Primary that's in good ole Fahrenheit? Or should I bite the bullet and make the switch and be a NEW AGE MAN :)D ) and use this new-fangled Metric system?

Maybe an Aquarium might have one. ;)

Dan

Thanks for those links, definitely going to try one from them. Also, had an epiphany: put BOTH kinds on there, and start to learn the Metric temp system. We Americans don't do anything unless it's completely easy and thrown right up under our noses. If the two temps are sitting there, one atop the other, I'll have this Celcius thing licked "lickedy-split." :D

Celsius is a failed expermament, stick with what you know. Just kidding of course, we all know that as brewers we try new things all the time, go for it.
Leo

ARV9673 said:
If the two temps are sitting there, one atop the other, I'll have this Celcius thing licked "lickedy-split." :D
If I were going to put the two thermometers on my primary, I'd set them side-by-side in such a way that the temp of the fermentation was showing on a straight line across on both thermometers.

ARV9673 said:

That's strange -- up here in Canada I have only been able to find Farenheit only stick-on thermometers, or ones that are in BOTH C and F.

Back