Ever use a Fermometer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoochin'Fool

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Got a couple with my last order, and I feel like I'm failing some sort of basic IQ test, but can anyone tell me how the heck one gets the backing tape off of these?

Link to product:
Fermometer - Adhesive Thermometer | MoreBeer

Apparently, I just needed to post a stupid question, and then continue fiddling with it at the corner for a bit and it came off. Seems to be sticking securely to my bucket, hopefully it'll help me monitor ferment temperature better.

Last edited:
I found that those stick on thermometers were hard to read unless I got down to my knees to see them and if they got wet from being in a tub of water used to keep the beer from getting too warm they would fail. I replaced them with a non-contact IR thermometer like this one where I could stand back and just "shoot" the thermometer at the fermenter.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3540306379...muV7PIN9jM5RvMog61gyBKtw==|tkp:Bk9SR4SprZ3kYA

Back