Beer Head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kahunaman

Reaction score
Howdy..

I have a stout I brewed about a month ago.
It was one of my first beers. I only had it in the fermenter for a week,and then I bottled. It's been bottled for about 3 weeks. I sampled some before, and it was very green. I had one earlier today and the flavor is good, the carb seems to be good - there are bubbles, but there is no head on the beer at all.

Will this come with age, or is this beer "headless?"

I am not sure what causes head (this is starting to read really funny) but I do know that a good Guinness has a great head on it. this looks like a pepsi.
Thanks!

You may get a much better head as time goes on, but I'm pretty sure the nice head on Guinness comes from the fact that it has nitrogen dissolved in it.

Forgot about the Nitrogen.

I think the problem is the first beer I brewed in a VERY long time was a Stout - which I believe takes a long time to really mature in a bottle. I have 5 batches in various stages right now, and this is the only one close to ready... so I keep drinking it.

I'll continue in my patience.

try taking a couple bottles and rolling em on the table,set em back in the case and try em after a week. this will get the yeast back into suspension and ensure tthe sugars are fully eaten.:D

Latest posts

Back