Greetings from Madison!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeyBoy

Reaction score
Hey gang!

Jon from Madison, WI. I own a shop that builds high quality mash paddles. But that's not why I'm here. I am here to learn more from my fellow brewers about what I've got cookin in my basement! I currently am working on some recipes for IPA's and APA's. Looking to brew on Oatmeal Stout in the next few weeks.

My brothers and I are hoping to start a brewery in the next few years. One that does everything from Belgians to Germans to Americans. A real roundtable if you will...

Anywhoo, pumped to be on this forum, and happy brewing!

-J:mug:

Thanks for the welcome!

I do a little of both extract and AG. Mostly AG when my OCD kicks in:rockin: , and extract when I'm chillin out. :drunk: Funny thing though, I actually started out doing AG because I didn't know any better!

The mash paddles I currently build are designed for professional brewers, are usually 5-7' long to accomodate larger mash tuns, and are priced betweem $150 and $250. We are coming out with a home brewers line soon, and will be priced between $40 and $50. If you are interested, you can email me through HBT, but I (and I think every one else) would rather keep the commercial stuff off here. Don't want to be too annoying, yanno? :)

Cheers!:mug:

-J

HeyBoy said:
Thanks for the welcome!

I do a little of both extract and AG. Mostly AG when my OCD kicks in:rockin: , and extract when I'm chillin out. :drunk: Funny thing though, I actually started out doing AG because I didn't know any better!

The mash paddles I currently build are designed for professional brewers, are usually 5-7' long to accomodate larger mash tuns, and are priced betweem $150 and $250. We are coming out with a home brewers line soon, and will be priced between $40 and $50. If you are interested, you can email me through HBT, but I (and I think every one else) would rather keep the commercial stuff off here. Don't want to be too annoying, yanno?

Cheers!:mug:

-J
One thing to consider is getting a vendors account. Do that and you can market your paddles here at HBT. :mug:

Hey welcome! It's always nice to see another Madison person on here. I think there's plenty of room in madison for another brew pub. I'd go. :)

Welcome! Used to live in Cross Plains and in Prairie du Sac. Now living in MN I miss all the good beer Madison (and WI) has to offer. Lake Louie's brew rules!!!!

:rockin:

Thanks for all the greetings! Man, I gotta agree, it's hard to beat the brew scene here in Madison.

Thanks for the idea, Rich, how do I register for a vendor account? I just finished a few of the home brewers paddles, I think you guys might dig it!

-J

Welcome madtown brotha! This is a great place to learn and get help. I've learned so much from HBT.

HeyBoy said:
Hey gang!

... I currently am working on some recipes for IPA's and APA's. Looking to brew on Oatmeal Stout in the next few weeks....

-J:mug:

I've had problems with pale ales, IPA'S coming out with nasty hop harshness.

Have you noticed anything similar? Maybe your not on city water....

Hmmm... not really, but then again, I am outside of madison, so maybe a different water profile?

I haven't brewed all that much, either, so maybe beginners luck? Sorry I couldn't be more help...

The water is really crappy here. I actually started building water from RO for everything except stouts. I might even start doing those just to get some more control. Welcome HeyBoy, where abouts outside of town do you live? You'll find a few of us folks from Madison around.

Later,

Matt

:)
I'm starting to notice that!

I am in fitchburg, but moving out to Belleville soon. Going to have a sweet garage set-up out there!

Any meetings for home brewers in the area? Be good to get together with some fellow home brewers and do a little :tank:

-J

HeyBoy said:
Hmmm... not really, but then again, I am outside of madison, so maybe a different water profile?

I haven't brewed all that much, either, so maybe beginners luck? Sorry I couldn't be more help...

no worries, mate!

yup, gotta cut the water with distilled, ro for well hopped beers.

brew strong. happy homebrewing.

Latest posts

Back