Wolverine Movie Trailer!?!?!?!?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I somehow missed this in all the pre-Christmas hoopla. He is myy favorite comic character...The movie looks great!!!

Come on MAY 1st!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeP8Vf0gYq4]YouTube - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Official Trailer [HD][/ame]

I've got my sci-fi comic book nerd panties in a bunch for The Watchmen. :)

Of course the Dragonball movie looks all kinds of stupid. :(

And they finally get off their ass and get Gambit into a movie! Get ready for all sorts of Cajun... now if they could only replace Rogue with the really hot and sexual one I remember........

Whether you like him as an actor or not...Hugh Jackman is a stud.

Not that I'm in to that kind of thing.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

wolverinenewpics1.jpg

wolverinenewpics2.jpg

Someone may end up in the memorable quotes thread...:D

I think Hugh was the perfect casting for wolverine to begin with, and it's great to see him stay in the franchise. It would have been the epitome of suckiness if they cast someone else for this film.

I'm sure this is going to probably be only the first film of the wolverine series, they have to cover the Alpha Flight years...it would be great to see those characters come to the screen...anyone know what oterh x-men are going to get the "Origins" treatment?

Who is the dude with the Katanas? I don't remember him.

I am very glad they recast Sabretooth to be a real actor without the crazy makeup from the first movie.

Yeah, Hugh is a stud and I am not afraid to say it. I don't know how many hours a day he spending in the gym, but I bet it is more than the once a month I put in. :D

Only real complaint I suppose is that he's not as short as Wolvie is supposed to be (he's a little stocky dude in the comics), but that's pretty minor overall.

anyone know what oterh x-men are going to get the "Origins" treatment?

X-Men Origins: Magneto
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499519/

At least there is a script but no green light as of yet.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEP30TQXF6ZhTS said:
"Donner further confirmed that the plot will indeed focus on the early, idealistic days of Charles Xavier and the man who would become Magneto, Eric Lehnsherr. "We have a script on Magneto, which is actually sort of Magneto and Charles Xavier," she said. "It's Erik and Charles in their early, early years."

Only real complaint I suppose is that he's not as short as Wolvie is supposed to be (he's a little stocky dude in the comics), but that's pretty minor overall.

Yeah, I agree, I was going to say something to that effect in my post about the casting of Hugh...I do sort of miss the whole "bub" short, stocky smart ass from the earliest part of the x-men canon....but if this were the 1970's or 80's an they made the x-men movies, I shudder to think that they would have cast Danny Devito in the roll...

But I think Hugh pulls off the character really well for the later "versions" of the x-men...like the cartoon version where we have Gambit and Rogue.

X-Men Origins: Magneto
X-Men Origins: Magneto (2011)

At least there is a script but no green light as of yet.

I can kinda figure out why the studio greenlighted this one...there has been a whole spate of WWII movies out there, and Magneto can foot the bill, a cominc book/WWII movie, since we know he lived through the Holocaust.

Wow...I can see how they can milk this whole "origins" franchise till the end of time...the canon of mutant origin stories that they can choose is infinite.

He was in Japan for awhile...it was one of the first Wolverine "solo" mini-series in the late 80's early 90's..IIRc he trained with Ninjas for awhile.

So kind of like Ninja Turtles III? Was it as epic a failure and destroy as many childhoods as the Ninja Turtles one?

I think this movie will be good, but why, just why cant they put him in a mask for just a couple of seconds. The 3rd X-Men film was awful. If the director of that movie wanted to do anything cool to that film (which he did not) he would have put Wolverine in a mask for a moment. The same with this new movie.

Ya, Wolvie's supposed to be 5 foot 4 inchs....he's also supposed to be uglier and older looking...but at least we're getting a Wolverine solo movie.

No, no, no it was Leonardo. Was anybody as confused as me when Batman and Wolverine were doing magic against one another and David Bowie made the duplicating machine?
HAHAHAHA!!!! Loved that movie.
I love Deadpool! I wonder if he's going to break the fourth wall in the movie :)

DeadpoolYellowBoxes.jpg
YA! He better break the fourth wall...something like:

Wolverine: Why did you kill those people?!?!?!
Deadpool: Because it was in the script.

Deadpool's one of mah favorites.

YA! He better break the fourth wall...something like:

Wolverine: Why did you kill those people?!?!?!
Deadpool: Because it was in the script.

Deadpool's one of mah favorites.

hehehe, or

Wolverine: When was the last time I saw you?
Deadpool: Flashback scene about 10 minutes into the flick. Wait... No, actually we filmed that after this scene, so I'm not sure how to answer that.

Because of the debacle between Warners and Fox, a decent amount of the hardcore Watchmen fans are supposedly boycotting this movie. I doubt it happens though.

My nerd heart is broken, no mention of Weapon X or Alpha Flight. They don't even make him Canadian. What kind of origin story is that?

On a side note, I'm sure I'll still go see it anyways.

OK... I am not that big of a comic buff...

Didn't Wolverine get his "claws" in the weapons-X program when they replaced his bones with atomantium? So why do they show him as a kid with the blades?

My nerd heart is broken, no mention of Weapon X or Alpha Flight. They don't even make him Canadian. What kind of origin story is that?

On a side note, I'm sure I'll still go see it anyways.

Actually technically isn't he older than Canada??? That's why he's fighting it looks like first in the Revolutionary war and then WWII...he ends up in Canada and rescued by Alpha Flight after he breaks out of the weapon x facility. I betcha Alpha Flight comes out in the sequel...because you know if any of the origins flicks are popular they are going to drag them out as well.

OK... I am not that big of a comic buff...

Didn't Wolverine get his "claws" in the weapons-X program when they replaced his bones with atomantium? So why do they show him as a kid with the blades?

That was my assumption also, but everything I know about X-Men came from the movies (I know, sacrilege), but I'm guessing that isn't supposed to be him

Back