Maintaining bottle conditioning temps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

william_shakes_beer

Reaction score
I generally keep my house at 60F. I am conditioning my first batch in the closet. I have set a recording thermometer on top of the case and it stays a steady 60 f day and night. Is there a simple way of adding heat to be sure that 4 weeks will carb up sufficiently? I was looking at a heating pad placed between the cases, but unfortunately they have a "safety" shutoff to prevent someone from falling asleep and toasting themselves.

I wouldn't be too concerned with 60 degrees; four weeks should be more than enough. I usually bottle condition my beers at that temperature and haven't had any problems.

why is your house set all the way down to 60F? That's a lil chilly. We keep it just warm enough for the beer to sit at 69-70F. At 60F,it'll take longer to condition/carbonate.

i wonder how much heat you could get out of a light in an enclosed space?
might throw a lamp in there next to the bottles and see what that does to the tmeps

Because I'm cheap.

Setup a small closet or a small room to condition your beer. Setup an extra 150 W light bulb as a heat source and keep the door closed. You can also use christmas lights as your heat source. Also build the digtal tempurature controller to to contol your heat source. This is the link-
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/ebay-aquarium-temp-controller-build-163849/
This is the best item I built so far. I used to condition my beers last month.
I have an insulated 8x10 ft room and it was between 68-73F for 3 weeks using a 150 Light bulb. I only used it for about 10 hrs in total during the three weeks.

Deltac

Back