How's this for a Shopping Cart?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Should give me enough quantity to brew through Thanksgiving and enough variety to cover 5-6 beer styles.

I'm sitting on around 30# of 2-row right now:
Grains.JPG

and just ordered this:

ShoppingCart.jpg

Kinda hard to see so here ya go:
-----------------Individual Item Breakdown-----------------

Item Ref. Price ea. Qty. Description

1503 $1.20 4 Centennial Pellet Hops 1 oz.
1514P $8.95 1 Nugget Pellet Hops 1 POUND
1800 $10.95 1 Cascade 7.0% Leaf Hops 1 POUND
1840 $11.95 1 Northern Brewer 7.5% Leaf Hops 1 POUND
1850 $12.95 1 Tettnang 6.5% Leaf Hops 1 POUND
3002C $6.00 1 Caramel 10º L Briess (USA) 5 lb.
3009C $6.00 1 Carapils (dextrin malt) 1.3-1.5º L Briess Malting (USA) 5 lb.
3011C $6.00 1 Munich 10º L Briess Malting (USA) 5 lb.
3019C $6.00 1 Crystal 50-60º Simpson’s (UK) 5 lb.
3028DC $42.95 1 American 2-row (Briess) 50lbs.- Crushed
3049C $6.00 1 Caramel 20º L Briess (USA) 5 lb.
3131C $7.00 1 Pale Wheat (Weyermann®)- 5 lb.
8331 $9.95 1 Gelatin Finings 1 lb

------------------------End of Order-----------------------

My weekends are set baby.....:ban: :ban: :ban:

Yep, that should keep you going for a while! But did you seriously buy that sack of 2-row CRUSHED? How are you going to keep it fresh until you use it up (even at your brewing rate)? ;)

FlyGuy said:
Yep, that should keep you going for a while! But did you seriously buy that sack of 2-row CRUSHED? How are you going to keep it fresh until you use it up (even at your brewing rate)? ;)
That's the only question...

My basement is AC'd and bone dry. I recon as long as I keep the grains wrapped up tight in their original sack, in the box they were shipped...dry and cool, they should last me the 5-6 weeks it'll take to get through it.

Even it I loose some (shich I don't see happenning), the savings in bulk pricing and shipping should still put me ahead.

BierMuncher said:
My basement is AC'd and bone dry. I recon as long as I keep the grains wrapped up tight in their original sack, in the box they were shipped...dry and cool, they should last me the 5-6 weeks it'll take to get through it.
Yeah, I bet you will be fine. In fact, this might make for another good 'experiment' for you to see if you notice any difference after 5-6 weeks. Many people say you have to use up crushed grains within a week, but I bet you can go much longer. I'll be interested to hear how it goes.

Even it I loose some (shich I don't see happenning), the savings in bulk pricing and shipping should still put me ahead.
Yep, that's for sure. But I still see a Barley Mill coming your way soon, right? Then you can join into Harv's bulk purchases -- with the money you save from THAT you can pay for the mill!! ;)

BierMuncher said:
That's the only question...

I have used grain that was 6 weeks past its crush and I saw no drop in my efficiency. It was sealed in one of the bags that AHS sends their stuff in.

Before I got my BC, I'd just foodsave my crushed grains. They're fine...the specialty grains, especially. No worries. Just get yourself a BC ASAP.

Evan! said:
Before I got my BC, I'd just foodsave my crushed grains. They're fine...the specialty grains, especially. No worries. Just get yourself a BC ASAP.
I want a Barley Crusher so bad I can taste it. At least the crush at Midwest is pretty darn good.

I just placed a similar order for my next 5-6 batches only I have a preference for Stouts and dark beers.
5# Roasted
5# Chocolate
5# Crystal 120
5# Crystal 40
5# Munich
5# Victory
55# Maris Otter
1# Special B
Also 6# of Gold DME to up my gravity for bigger beers. I'm limited to 12s# grain in my 5gal cooler.
I have a selection of British and American hops in the fridge from an earlier order from Freshops and several packets of dry yeast. I may pick up some liquid yeast from the LHBS once I decide what I'm actually going to brew. I know a Red Rocket clone and an American Stout are on the books.
My Barley Crusher came a couple weeks ago so this was my first uncrushed order.
I expect these supplies to last me until Christmas. I don't usually get more than 1 or 2 , 5gal batches a month.

Craig

I cant wait until I can start buying in bulk. I wont have any extra money until after the holidays are over with.

Back